Bluemoon Angling Thread

I don't fish but I spoke to the guy who looks after fishing at Pickmere lake (nr Northwich, 5mins from M6 Knutsford junction) and he said it's good fishing and underused.

Also, if you're really old and remember the little fairground that used to be there, you might like this...

Nice! Wimps needing a boat though. Whats wrong with a spey cast?
Nowt wrong with spey casting, just very pleasant to sit in a boat and meander down a river, stopping at certain holes or just bank fishing. If you get over on the South Fork the current would wash you away in places. You can fit a lot of beer in a boat too

Nowt wrong with spey casting, just very pleasant to sit in a boat and meander down a river, stopping at certain holes or just bank fishing. If you get over on the South Fork the current would wash you away in places. You can fit a lot of beer in a boat too
Yeah, sounds brilliant. You can cover so much more water as well. For sure on my bucket list.

First trip out of the year for me tomorrow,fish 6 till 2 at local pond in Denton,then back home for a snooze whilst soccer Saturday is on,perfect!

I pike fish on the local canal during winter. Used to be an avid carp angler when I was younger but don't have the time to commit these days. Such a shame that fishing seems to have dropped off the radar for the kids of today.

I pike fish on the local canal during winter. Used to be an avid carp angler when I was younger but don't have the time to commit these days. Such a shame that fishing seems to have dropped off the radar for the kids of today.

Might be area specific. I see quite a few young people doing it round my way and participation as a whole is going up.

A lot of clubs run really good junior divisions which has probably helped, and there seems to have been a bit effort in the last 10 years or so to attract and cater for young kids.

Might be area specific. I see quite a few young people doing it round my way and participation as a whole is going up.

A lot of clubs run really good junior divisions which has probably helped, and there seems to have been a bit effort in the last 10 years or so to attract and cater for young kids.
You might be right mate. The canal used to be packed of a weekend. There used to be weekly matches aswell stretching miles. Just seems to have died a death in my area. I used to love getting on the bank with a pint of maggots. Chasing the perch and roach. Great times.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.