Bluemoon Angling Thread

Hello buddy, question for you. Do you have a BAA card and do you or have you ever fished the Lower Avon between the M5 road bridge and Tewkesbury.

Yes, I have a BAA card but haven't fished any of their waters yet. I joined because they have a stretch of the Avon between two stretches belonging to Leamington Anglers at Wasperton near Warwick. I'll get round to it one of these days.

Yes, I have a BAA card but haven't fished any of their waters yet. I joined because they have a stretch of the Avon between two stretches belonging to Leamington Anglers at Wasperton near Warwick. I'll get round to it one of these days.
Right, your a long way off. My daughter lives in Bristol, so I'm up and down the M5 regularly. I'm going down Friday and diverting off to have a few hours on the Bredon length. Its directly upstream from the M5 and looks very much like the Weaver.

Right then. 3 trips to the nene and an unimaginable amount of effort and money spent on prebaiting and no result. So Friday morning I am off to my annual trip to a rutland lodge with my own private lake (only one swim on the whole lake, at the access to my lodge). 7 nights with not having to pack up after fishing. Bliss. It may be mainly carp, but some huge perch as well and indeed could be classed as almost a "small commercial" I guess, but just so looking forward to the relaxation and no work for a week.

Coldingham tomorrow. Forecast looks ok. Hopefully a day for the dries.
I took my old Rutland boat seat to an aluminium fabricator to s e if there was anything he could do to fix it. £40 and it’s better and stronger than new. Happy days.

Off to the Teme this afternoon after grayling.

Off to the Wye tomorrow... Do I fish for non existent salmon, or catch loads of barbel and chub?

Off to the Teme this afternoon after grayling.

Off to the Wye tomorrow... Do I fish for non existent salmon, or catch loads of barbel and chub?
after three.....one, two three....loads of barbel and chub!!!

good luck with the lovely grayling.

There were quite a few salmon crashing about when we were down there last week.
I am guessing they are stale resident fish waiting for water to travel mate.
In my experience you can show them every fly in the box and until they are running again they won't look at anything.
At least you have seen some down there though... talking to our gillie last night and he hasn't seen one for 6 weeks!

I am guessing they are stale resident fish waiting for water to travel mate.
In my experience you can show them every fly in the box and until they are running again they won't look at anything.
At least you have seen some down there though... talking to our gillie last night and he hasn't seen one for 6 weeks!

Exactly what my salmon-fishing mate said about them. Just between us, he did run a fly over them without success. But we did see quite a few clearly. If you heard a splash, you could look at the spot where they came up and often they'd leap again seconds later in the same place giving you a clear view.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.