Bluemoon Angling Thread

I'm afraid to say I know little about fishing in Idaho. I see you have the Snake River and the Boise and i'm guessing they are good trout streams. Some big lakes as well, do they hold char? what does your normal fishing season consist of if you don't mind me asking?
https://idfg.idaho.gov/fish
This will tell you a lot more than I know about the State as a whole. 95% of my fishing is on tributaries of the Snake, The Teton River, South Fork and Henry's Fork of the Snake about as far South as Idaho Falls. Pretty much all trout, although Brook trout are officially char. I keep promising myself to hit some of the bass fishing available in some local lakes but haven't managed it yet. The Steelhead run on the Salmon and Clearwater is the other big fun thing but it's a little hit and miss, at least for me, a good excuse for a road trip in the spring

https://idfg.idaho.gov/fish
This will tell you a lot more than I know about the State as a whole. 95% of my fishing is on tributaries of the Snake, The Teton River, South Fork and Henry's Fork of the Snake about as far South as Idaho Falls. Pretty much all trout, although Brook trout are officially char. I keep promising myself to hit some of the bass fishing available in some local lakes but haven't managed it yet. The Steelhead run on the Salmon and Clearwater is the other big fun thing but it's a little hit and miss, at least for me, a good excuse for a road trip in the spring
Well I recognise Henry’s Fork as being famous destination fishing with all sorts of lodges, and that’s on your doorstep! Would love to fish it. Maybe one day.

I live just off from the Byley Bridge stretch on the Dane and part of Middlewich anglers, considering it is only a one minute walk I still havent fished it. I walk the stretch every now again and have seen some decent fish. I tend to go on the smaller still waters catching carp on the top in summer, really good fun and some nice fish, hoping to get a few on the fly this year.

I live just off from the Byley Bridge stretch on the Dane and part of Middlewich anglers, considering it is only a one minute walk I still havent fished it. I walk the stretch every now again and have seen some decent fish. I tend to go on the smaller still waters catching carp on the top in summer, really good fun and some nice fish, hoping to get a few on the fly this year.
Yeah I think you can buy the tickets from Dave’s of middlewich,they have a good stretch of about 3 miles I believe,either side of the bridge,supposed to hold decent chub and a few decent barbel,they also have a couple of ponds so sounds decent value at £40 for the year

Not fished the Dane for ages zo I can't belp I'm afraid.

Last time I was at Byley Bridge I had a 4lb trout and my chair blew into the river. It's probably still there to this day annoying generations of fishermen.
Ha ha,I once lost a brand new brolly on the ribble,fishing in winds I wouldn’t even leave the house in now,oh to be young and foolish again!

Forgot to update this thread with my Spring fishing. Normally at this time of year I spend most of my time long stay carp fishing but I'm going to have another year off this year for various reasons. So I carried on with my predator fishing with mixed results. A number of perch fishing sessions with both lures and minnows resulted in blanks or just small perch. I had one of 1lb 8oz which was the best but nothing close to the 2-13 I had in January. I went grayling fishing once before the end of the river season and blanked.

I also had 2 pike fishing sessions back when it was still frosty and one of them was pretty good: I had a 17lber and a 11lber in a short session on live roach.

Forgot to update this thread with my Spring fishing. Normally at this time of year I spend most of my time long stay carp fishing but I'm going to have another year off this year for various reasons. So I carried on with my predator fishing with mixed results. A number of perch fishing sessions with both lures and minnows resulted in blanks or just small perch. I had one of 1lb 8oz which was the best but nothing close to the 2-13 I had in January. I went grayling fishing once before the end of the river season and blanked.

I also had 2 pike fishing sessions back when it was still frosty and one of them was pretty good: I had a 17lber and a 11lber in a short session on live roach.

Keep the updates coming. I've been out loads of times but mainly on canals scratching bits so nothing special. Fished the Bridgey, Trent & Misery, Staffs Worcester and Leeds-Liverpool the last one being the best. Had a 3.5lbs bream on Thursday evening.

Went to Snittersfield Reservoir, a Leamington Anglers water, yesterday after crucian using that expensive float I was talking about in an earlier post. Caught 2 around the one pound mark.

While I was fishing I noticed a couple of fish around the 3lbs mark, couldn't tell if they were bream or hybrids, but they were nosing around right under my feet. Any movement sent them scarpering but I noticed that they soon came back. So I brought my float right in and waited. About ten minutes later, back they came, my float shot off, I struck, felt it run but then it came off much to my annoyance.

Off out again tomorrow and hoping the weather holds. but impatient for the season to begin as I prefer rivers and the Wye beckons.

I used to fish the weir there, ledgered worm . Barbel, dace, chub and good perch most times. Also above the weir under the tree round the bend held loads of chub

Not fished the Dane for ages zo I can't belp I'm afraid.

Last time I was at Byley Bridge I had a 4lb trout and my chair blew into the river. It's probably still there to this day annoying generations of fishermen.
Never lost a chair, but I did lose some beer in the Dane near Middlewich, years ago on a really hot summer's day. My dad brought a four pack for us (I was about 14 at the time so it was a bit of a treat) and we put it in the water in a landing net to keep it cool. After wandering further upstream, trying out a few different swims, we returned very ready for a nice cool beer, only to discover that the net had tipped over and allowed the cans to float off downstream. I went running down the bank, hoping to find them, which I eventually did - they were being drunk by a bunch of teenagers who had been swimming in the river! So if any of those lads are reading this, you're welcome!

Never lost a chair, but I did lose some beer in the Dane near Middlewich, years ago on a really hot summer's day. My dad brought a four pack for us (I was about 14 at the time so it was a bit of a treat) and we put it in the water in a landing net to keep it cool. After wandering further upstream, trying out a few different swims, we returned very ready for a nice cool beer, only to discover that the net had tipped over and allowed the cans to float off downstream. I went running down the bank, hoping to find them, which I eventually did - they were being drunk by a bunch of teenagers who had been swimming in the river! So if any of those lads are reading this, you're welcome!
Hahaha!! Those kids must have thought it was a dream come true.... The beer comes to you asking to be drunk!!! :D

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.