Bluemoon Angling Thread

Good point that mate. I got talking to an independent Cornish trawlerman with a small vessel 3 years ago. (no @snorky, not as small as your vessel pal; ) He told me the main problem in commercial fishing was the huge Russian trawler/factory ships that operate off Cornish shores. These factory ships do not comply with the net sizes(mesh guage) British trawlermen use and scoop up everything indiscriminately. Young fish too small to eat will be processed into animal food and these foreign vessels are doing untold damage to fish stocks in British waters.

They were doing that in the 70's. Me and my dad were out fishing for mackeral quite often and they are pretty big close up, strange amount of ariels if I recall and all being monitored by the helicopters at RNAS Culdrose.

Spent some time on the River Severn this weekend; and I just want to say that at least half the anglers I cast my eyes upon looked like sex offenders.
haha

fuck off im an angler and look nothing like a sex offender,
ive got grey long hair ,wear shell suits ,got loads of jewellery and jangle jangle when I walk, now then now then

went fishing for only the 4th time this year through one thing or another, i was plagued by small carp ,but these carp were special, they weighed approx. 1.5lb to 2lb ,were put in the lake last year and every one of them was perfect ,common and mirror absolutely perfect, like as the old saying goes carved in wood ,should be belters in 15 years :)

Haven't been out since Friday but my mates were spread around. My brother and a friend fished the Churnet catching roach, perch, dace and chub with the biggest roach going over 1lb.

Another mate was on the Wye and had a couple of barbel up to 9lbs 1ozs but, of more interest to me, caught a bream of 3lbs+. Looking at the photo it looks more like a hybrid to me. The same swim he had a very big roach from last time we were there in August.

My best mate was on the Severn at Cressage yesterday and caught loads of barbel up to 7.5lbs. Reckons that two rather plump ladies swam through his swim at one point. In view of his post above I wondered if one of them was GDM in drag.

I’m a few days into my annual holiday on The Wye. We are staying on a lake full of carp which we’ve been catching easily using floaters and centre pins during the day. Great fun.

We’ve had two barbel sessions on The Wye, both on the PA stretch. The first evening I had a 3lb barbel. Last night I lost a massive fish, which I couldn’t control, then landed one of 9-8.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.