Bluemoon Angling Thread

Lovely weather today so popped out for a few hours on a local reservoir as the rivers are still overflowing. In my opinion, the reservoir is over-stocked but at least it means you're generally guaranteed some bites.

Water level was high and the water was very cloudy but it was very warm and plenty of fish were topping so set up on my new ultralight float rod and fished at my rod tip on maggot.

After a slow start, I started getting small roach before eventually getting a hybrid of 3lbs 2ozs. Then I hooked a carp which led me a merry dance on 2lbs line before shedding the hook. Went very quiet after that so I packed up. May go back tomorrow as I enjoyed having the whole place to myself. I'll see how the river looks.

Had three Perch of 2lb and above ( i really should buy some scales) from the small lake at Gyrn in North Wales last week.
Will be going again this Sunday I think.
We need to set that trip up mate. Sunday is no good for me though due to football coaching in the morning.

No carp makes a monkey out of me twice. Went back to the same spot today and beefed up my tackle to 3lbs line, 14s hook and treble maggot. There are no snags and no weed at this time of year so that was heavy enough.

Don't know if it was the same fish but, after a 20 minute fight, I landed a superbly fit, stout common of around 15lbs. Biggest worry was whether the Drennan ultralight rod would cope which it did admirably.

No carp makes a monkey out of me twice. Went back to the same spot today and beefed up my tackle to 3lbs line, 14s hook and treble maggot. There are no snags and no weed at this time of year so that was heavy enough.

Don't know if it was the same fish but, after a 20 minute fight, I landed a superbly fit, stout common of around 15lbs. Biggest worry was whether the Drennan ultralight rod would cope which it did admirably.
Good skills: )

God loves a trier

Will it ever stop fucking raining ? River is up and down and consequently out of sorts though I've managed the odd chub later on in the day when I've been able to get there including one trotting on my new(ish) centrepin.

Done a bit of stillwater fishing too but, as usual at this time of year, the fishing is really hard until the last couple of hours. Managed the odd decent roach and skimmer but hard going and, apparently, getting harder as the weather deteriorates.

Still. Haven't blanked since I retired which is a record for me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.