Bluemoon Angling Thread

Good luck mate. Your Spey casting is impressive, pity your catch rate isn't. I admire your undying dedication though. Please don't forget I'm your best course fishing buddy(creep creep). And tell Tony he's the best ghillie in the world. Get me on the wonderful Wye again this coming season pal, pretty please; )

Get to bed BMR you creeping ****... Fuck off, I'm going when I want.

Goodnight folks x

You can't catch what isn't there I'm afraid, and the Wye is a shadow of it's former self.
I am also so stupid that I will spend countless hours chucking fluff and feathers at a fish that isn't ever actually eating anything anyway!

Roman lakes were the perfect antidote to the biteless hours on the Maccy canal at Hr Poynton. At first it was a bite a chuck but only about one in twenty caught then a tiny bread punch on a 20's became a fish a chuck which soon became boring......but hard to resist....Watching the wake from the carp cruising during spawning season, big by our standards at the time. Not been for many years , did they ever fix the access road?? The sound of maggot tin rattling in the tackle box to the accompaniment of wellies slapping, on the trip from the station, the tempo rising as we got nearer, then time for home, and dipping in every few yards....

Lots of talk of Roman Lakes . Remember days there sort of must be 40 years ago when i begged my dad to take me more often. There were allways chances you could catch there when you were a kid with limited experience. Thinking about it it was a bit like commercials nowadays back then . Fish would come shallow and compete albeit roach and not todays carp. Remember catching on bits of kraft cheese slice there . Full of gudgeon down the edge aswell , great days . Wonder what that place is like nowadays ?

Just back from a morning with the ultra light lure gear. Had an hour in three locations. First one was a reservoir where I had a jack pike, a perch over a pound and 3/4 “wasps”. Second venue was the canal where I had a chub about 2lb and about 3 perch. Third venue nothing.

Lovely to be out. Might go again this afternoon .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.