Bluemoon Angling Thread

I really felt confident last night, got my rigs(i thought) spot on, but unfortunately i blanked. Big pellets dissolved quicker than usual, may have had a nibbling hand from Mr Crayfish!

I fished simple running rigs to a 2.5oz bomb to a tail around 30". Size 10 Kodex hook(i like those) to 2 15mm trimmed down boilies(snowman style). Top one was a Source pop up, bottom a Monster Crab. I even critically balanced the rig with a no4 weight to 2" tail, perfect, or not!

Guy next to mehad a chub around 5lb but no barbel. Í didn't even have a run, just annoying bite alarm bleeps now n' then from bats flying into the line as they hunted for insects on the water .

Had a swan attack me as i was discreetly bobbed down in the bushes having a dump. Bloody great thing kept pecking my arm. Good job it didn't go for my knob!

Just packing up now so I'm home for the game. Not fished this stretch before and it's been many years since I night fished the Trent. Really enjoyed myself and am looking forward to getting down here again. I'm on the waiting list for the Fiskerton night syndicate so i may be lucky and het in next year, if not year after.

Better bring my rods in now before i leave. If you're out this weekend then tight lines guys: )

I really felt confident last night, got my rigs(i thought) spot on, but unfortunately i blanked. Big pellets dissolved quicker than usual, may have had a nibbling hand from Mr Crayfish!

I fished simple running rigs to a 2.5oz bomb to a tail around 30". Size 10 Kodex hook(i like those) to 2 15mm trimmed down boilies(snowman style). Top one was a Source pop up, bottom a Monster Crab. I even critically balanced the rig with a no4 weight to 2" tail, perfect, or not!

Guy next to mehad a chub around 5lb but no barbel. Í didn't even have a run, just annoying bite alarm bleeps now n' then from bats flying into the line as they hunted for insects on the water .

Had a swan attack me as i was discreetly bobbed down in the bushes having a dump. Bloody great thing kept pecking my arm. Good job it didn't go for my knob!

Just packing up now so I'm home for the game. Not fished this stretch before and it's been many years since I night fished the Trent. Really enjoyed myself and am looking forward to getting down here again. I'm on the waiting list for the Fiskerton night syndicate so i may be lucky and het in next year, if not year after.

Better bring my rods in now before i leave. If you're out this weekend then tight lines guys: )
Unlucky mate. Without sounding (too much!) like a knowall, there’s literally no point in groundbait balls on the Trent. Doesn’t matter how hard you squeeze. they never leave the top half of the water and just drift off. You’ve got to get the bait to the bottom in as tight an area as possible.

I used to be in the Fiskerton syndicate and had some massive catches. 20+ Barbel one night. Hope you get in.

Unlucky mate. Without sounding (too much!) like a knowall, there’s literally no point in groundbait balls on the Trent. Doesn’t matter how hard you squeeze. they never leave the top half of the water and just drift off. You’ve got to get the bait to the bottom in as tight an area as possible.

I used to be in the Fiskerton syndicate and had some massive catches. 20+ Barbel one night. Hope you get in.
I disagree mate. Mixed plenty of stodgy rock hard balls in my time that have kept intact and sank like a stone. Besides, where i was fishing was hardly any flow, not surface flow anyway. I calculated where i put them out pretty well, it's just they weren't having it.

I'm going again this Wednesday and Thursday and have checked the weather forecast and it is raining in Newark area Tuesday and Wednesday which should be good because it badly needs fresh oxygenated water to get the fish feeding confidently. I'll be better prepared this time and will probably fish a big groundbait pellet and hemp filled cage feeder. I'm tempted to try dead-baiting roach for the pike and zander. Never caught a zander before so the Trent is probably my best chance of catching one.

Managed to get out on Island Park Reservoir today, the water was really low and the fishing not so great, nice day and running in a new outboard

1638-E1-C9-90-DB-47-A1-87-A7-53-C95-D7-A94-F6.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.