Bluemoon Angling Thread

WElcome back to Bluemoon's worm drowners and fluff chuckers.

I've had a shit winter's fishing and I've been busy so have not really gone at it all gun's blazing. 4-5 pike blanks on deads without even a bite. I remember catching two nice perch on worm in two seperate trips, both in the 1.5lb class. I honestly can't remember anything else of note.

Tight lines to all for the forthcoming year.

Its the start of the season tomorrow. We are being piped down to the loch at 9.30, bacon sarnies for lunch and hopefully some very tight lines during the day. The older I get the more I look forward to the season as who knows how many more we have

View attachment 109521

Its an unusual loch as its perched on cliffs overlooking the north sea. Forecast is pretty pants with an easterly wind and gusts to 30 mph and temp 'feels' like 1c. Will let you know how I get on.

How was everyones winter fishing?
Been out twice including opening day. Biting cold easterly each time but great to be back on the water. Best methods have been pulling cormorants and bugs under a bung. Had 18 for the two sessions but some did way better than that. Still a nice mix of feisty rainbows and big broonies. First visit to the Lake is on April 6th.

Even though we’re going fishing for the week next week, we’ve decided to blow work off today and canoe down the Teton, still too much snow for getting a drift boat on. Been seeing some huge Rainbows getting pulled out recently, we shall see

Had a session on the macc canal yesterday, still getting used to this pole fishing malarkey but I’m improving every time, caught my first Ruffe and bleak, only fished for a few hours until I couldn’t see my float anymore , finished with around 20 fish , best of the lot was this perch

Attachments

• D9392DD7-60BC-4FB6-9315-F1E4826B8276-compressed.jpeg
    D9392DD7-60BC-4FB6-9315-F1E4826B8276-compressed.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 8

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.