Bluemoon C-V Fitness thread

Little bump. Has anyone managed to continue making use of the lock downs or has the U.K. having been opened all summer meant everyone’s continued to sidle along?

Everything other than gyms/outdoor poolS are still pretty much on lock down out here (no pubs open but you can book a socially distanced two hour slot at a restaurant if you want to “party”). So during the few minutes a day I’m not on here Or working I’ve just been swimming and hitting the gym a couple of times a day and except for the very infrequent glass of wine, avoided the booze.

Having been 95kg pre lockdown in January, 103kg mid-March, I’ve dropped about 20kg and am probably in the best shape I’ve been in (whilst approaching the dreaded 40). My great worry is putting it all back on when the world returns to normal as that will be depressing in itself.

Can’t say I enjoy working out with a mask on though.
The gyms still open here, it's been pretty quiet and i've been going quite regularly but also been keeping up with my diet. It's mad because i feel bad when i have a cheat meal and immediately think i need to make up for it with a workout. I started lockdown at about 93kg and i weighed myself this morning at 82.9. My goal was to get to 185lbs and i'm now about 182.7 which i think is about my weight. I still have some fat around the midriff that i need to get rid off, but i can easily fit into a medium shirt again and i've put on a some of my muscle again. Next up i am going to be working on my skinny arse legs and try and get the 6 pack to be visible. My brother should be getting married at some point next year, if it's possible, so i have something to aim for. Like you, i think i'm in the best shape i've been in since my uni days when i was gym mad.

The gyms still open here, it's been pretty quiet and i've been going quite regularly but also been keeping up with my diet. It's mad because i feel bad when i have a cheat meal and immediately think i need to make up for it with a workout. I started lockdown at about 93kg and i weighed myself this morning at 82.9. My goal was to get to 185lbs and i'm now about 182.7 which i think is about my weight. I still have some fat around the midriff that i need to get rid off, but i can easily fit into a medium shirt again and i've put on a some of my muscle again. Next up i am going to be working on my skinny arse legs and try and get the 6 pack to be visible. My brother should be getting married at some point next year, if it's possible, so i have something to aim for. Like you, i think i'm in the best shape i've been in since my uni days when i was gym mad.
Awesome work mate. Do we get before and after pics?

Ha I edited but too slowly. Glad to hear you’re still working hard.
Thanks Sam,just turned 48,so its becoming hard work and the niggles don't seem to go away......knowing limitations along with consistency in both diet and training is key.
My mrs keeps asking what i'm going to do when i can't train,i told her i didn't understand the question,lol.

Thanks Sam,just turned 48,so its becoming hard work and the niggles don't seem to go away......knowing limitations along with consistency in both diet and training is key.
My mrs keeps asking what i'm going to do when i can't train,i told her i didn't understand the question,lol.
Wait till you both pass 50 and start doing triathlons.... you’re never without an injury or niggle!!

Good idea,they seem to go down well on this forum.
Fuck the haters. My fave is when I do post one, I’ll be in an argument 6 months later and some **** will pm me and reference said picture and call me a sted head and/or vain, this is very amusing as anyone that trains knows:

1) Being called a sted head when not on steds is a huge compliment (and one wouldn’t even try in Qatar as it’s classed the same as cocaine - ie 15-20 years in jail)

2) Vanity is what makes training for hours every day possible.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.