Bluemoon Fitness Thread

modgeblue said:
Thanks Damocles some good advice there , i started eating healthy and knocked the beer on the head and cut bread right down to a minimum about 2 weeks ago im not calorie counting just eating healthy also started drinking lots of water each day . i wa amazed that i lost 10lb in less than a fortnight.
i started the couch to 5k this week ,got the idea from the other thread you posted it in. i didnt expect it to be as hard as it is but im a big lad and need to shift some beef enjoying it though !!

Also, if you're still in Sale, the Water Park/Priory Woods will have some excellent running spots. Failing that if you're on the other side, Firs Park might be alright, or over the moors from the Racecourse to Broadheath.
Then of course, there's always Noddy Road Park, Ashton Park, etc. Load of nice places round there. Try Priory Woods if you can though.

im doing the jogging every other day tonight was my 2nd one and must admit found it a lot easier than day one. i know what you man about being a bit conscious at first specially being 43, 6ft 2 and 22 stone and trying to drag yourself round a field . but soon got over that.
i iv got to the point where i know need to do somehing now or i never will

i work for cancer research and we have a lot of 5k runs so iv set myself a target to run one.

FantasyIreland said:
Mikem93 said:
I'm still trying to get back from my shoulder injury after not being able to get any proper physio

Shoulder injuries are of particular interest to me,complicated annoying fuckers to say the least.
What was your injury?

The one I'm coming back from now ( even though it was like a year ago ) was ligament damage I think

Damocles said:
modgeblue said:
Thanks Damocles some good advice there , i started eating healthy and knocked the beer on the head and cut bread right down to a minimum about 2 weeks ago im not calorie counting just eating healthy also started drinking lots of water each day . i wa amazed that i lost 10lb in less than a fortnight.
i started the couch to 5k this week ,got the idea from the other thread you posted it in. i didnt expect it to be as hard as it is but im a big lad and need to shift some beef enjoying it though !!

Also, if you're still in Sale, the Water Park/Priory Woods will have some excellent running spots. Failing that if you're on the other side, Firs Park might be alright, or over the moors from the Racecourse to Broadheath.
Then of course, there's always Noddy Road Park, Ashton Park, etc. Load of nice places round there. Try Priory Woods if you can though.

its a brisk 5 minute walk to manor ave playing field, so iv been going round the footy pitches there my 13 year old son came with me tonight he was quite impressed lol

Started training mid November, lost about half a stone quite quickly. Let it slip over Xmas, took 2 week off so was back to square one. Now I'm training 4 times a week (sometimes 5) I feel a lot fitter and better about myself.

my routine consists of 1 hour cardio:
20 mins treadmill
20 mins bike
20 mins cross trainer

and then 30 mins of exercises (sit ups etc) and weights

question is, am I doing he right thing? I dont want to lose too much weight just tone up a little and get my fitness back.

blackley macca said:
Started training mid November, lost about half a stone quite quickly. Let it slip over Xmas, took 2 week off so was back to square one. Now I'm training 4 times a week (sometimes 5) I feel a lot fitter and better about myself.

my routine consists of 1 hour cardio:
20 mins treadmill
20 mins bike
20 mins cross trainer

and then 30 mins of exercises (sit ups etc) and weights

question is, am I doing he right thing? I dont want to lose too much weight just tone up a little and get my fitness back.

Just a quick thing there, and maybe others can confirm, but I've always been told that the 'looker muscles' (biceps and abs) don't really need targeted training like curls and situps, unless you are shooting for events and the like of.

They should get enough of a workout from all of the other things that you are doing.

What sort of reps are you doing? The golden number of reps is 12 by the way if you are looking to build the size of muscles. If you can do over 12 reps, it's too light and really endurance training, if you can only do 5 then it's building your strength and not necessarily your size. Less than 5 if powerlifting.

So yeah, you can probably cut out your situps and find your weight for 12 reps to give you a good definition.

MikeF said:
Well I've started back at the gym doing cardio (having had 3months of a sabbatical) and eating plenty of fruit n veg but jaiiiiisus, I can't stop farting now!! All this fibre can't be good for ya surely!!

That's actually because you are eating far too much protein :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.