Bluemoon Fitness Thread

ive also bought a (don't laugh) bullworker, it comes with a poster that shows you all the different exercises ,we also have a mini gym in our converted garage we have an exercise bike ,running machine and punchbag along with some little dumbells .
I bought a 'power twister' which isn't the same thing as a 'bullworker' but they would have some similar exercises you can do.
I find an issue with these devices is they can be harsh on wrist tendons - have you found that ?

Thought I'd give this thread a boost.

I'm nearer 50 than 40, but am a huge fan of bodyweight exercises; never been one for the huge muscles...each to their own though.

Have a look at this one I devised myself...I think I'm in decent shape for my age, but this is pretty tough.

Even if you don't fancy all of it, you can certainly use it as a basis for your own unique plan.

Two (or three) rounds of this will have you sweating buckets.

If you are feeling particularly energetic, add in 10 burpees at the end of each round (FULL ones, not the plank version...chests to the floor!)
  • You don't have to do them in the order I do them
  • There are easier versions of most of the exercises
  • Search YouTube for descriptions of the exercises; you may not of heard of some of them
  • I've tried to group them into upper body/legs/abs
  • The Reps are just a suggestion. Increase or decrease as you see fit.
Sorry to sound like your mother, but if you aint exercised for a while, please take it easy and drink plenty of water.

Try one round of a couple of reps per exercise to test it out.

Just listen to your body...I want you all sat with me at the Etihad when we next attend!

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!

Barbwire Pushups - 10-15
Squats - 25
V-Ups - 15

Spiderman Pushups - 10-16
Lunge Jumps - 20
Plank Jacks - 20

Diamond Pushups - 10
Pop Squats - 20
Mountain Climbers - 50

Pike Pushups - 10-15
Single Leg Bridges - 10 each leg
Gracie Drills - 10

Decline Pushups - 10-20
Goblet Squats (needs a DB, but can use a small child if necessary), or just do standard squats - 10
Flutter Kicks - 50

Wide Pushups - 10-20
Single Leg Romanian Dead Lift (needs a DB, but you don't necessarily need one) - 10 each leg
Crunches - 20

Anyone doing a bit lately? I've gone the longest I've gone without a drink for a good while and decided to try and get a bit of bodyweight exercise back in there. Lost some weight with stress but put it back on quite quickly and with some interest too.

Need to get myself in better shape ahead of my wedding next year. Started back at the gym, doing weights 3 x a week. Doing a fairly generic split really. I go to the gym in the mornings then try get a good 30-45min walk in at lunch and maybe even after work also.

I get my lunches paid for at work so try to always choose a healthy option there which helps. Definitely need to cut back on the boozing at the weekend though.

I haven't noticed any changes but a few people have said I am looking better so that's good to hear!

Id like to get more of an idea on my workouts and I post to Strava to try and complete the challenges etc to keep me motivated so I am looking to buy some sort of health tracker, fitness watch. It looks a bit of a minefield with Garmin, Fitbit and Huawei etc all having pretty good looking options. Anyone here have a real preference either way, ill likely wait till black friday deals and see if anything pops up.

Need to get myself in better shape ahead of my wedding next year. Started back at the gym, doing weights 3 x a week. Doing a fairly generic split really. I go to the gym in the mornings then try get a good 30-45min walk in at lunch and maybe even after work also.

I get my lunches paid for at work so try to always choose a healthy option there which helps. Definitely need to cut back on the boozing at the weekend though.

I haven't noticed any changes but a few people have said I am looking better so that's good to hear!

Id like to get more of an idea on my workouts and I post to Strava to try and complete the challenges etc to keep me motivated so I am looking to buy some sort of health tracker, fitness watch. It looks a bit of a minefield with Garmin, Fitbit and Huawei etc all having pretty good looking options. Anyone here have a real preference either way, ill likely wait till black friday deals and see if anything pops up.

Hi mate. Well done on your efforts so far! Have you considered adding swimming to the mix? I started my weight loss journey in May 2021, starting with walking & swimming, and found swimming 2 or 3 times a week really helped with shifting the pounds, as well as improving lung capacity.
I can't help you with the fitness trackers as I choose not to use them personally, but can see why they may appeal to others.

Hi mate. Well done on your efforts so far! Have you considered adding swimming to the mix? I started my weight loss journey in May 2021, starting with walking & swimming, and found swimming 2 or 3 times a week really helped with shifting the pounds, as well as improving lung capacity.
I can't help you with the fitness trackers as I choose not to use them personally, but can see why they may appeal to others.
Cheers mate, yes I have been thinking about it. I am a member at PureGym so unfortunately they have no pool but its just me being a bit lazy in all honesty and not going somewhere else on an off day from the gym.

I am currently on a 12mth membership with them which expires in March so will just see if I can find another place nearby that lets me "pay as you go" for now.

Cheers mate, yes I have been thinking about it. I am a member at PureGym so unfortunately they have no pool but its just me being a bit lazy in all honesty and not going somewhere else on an off day from the gym.

I am currently on a 12mth membership with them which expires in March so will just see if I can find another place nearby that lets me "pay as you go" for now.

I'm not a member anywhere as I travel around a bit so wouldn't get value for money in one location. I also like to swim in outdoor pools in the warmer months as it's more pleasant.
However, when I'm in Manchester, I find all the pools cheap & easy to book, with most "swim for fitness" sessions costing £4.
East Manchester Leisure Centre next to the Etihad is great & always seems to have availability.

I'm not a member anywhere as I travel around a bit so wouldn't get value for money in one location. I also like to swim in outdoor pools in the warmer months as it's more pleasant.
However, when I'm in Manchester, I find all the pools cheap & easy to book, with most "swim for fitness" sessions costing £4.
East Manchester Leisure Centre next to the Etihad is great & always seems to have availability.
Appreciate the recommendation, sadly I live in London!

I have just found a leisure centre near my office though which is £6.85 per session which isn't terrible. Maybe just once a week would be a good medium till I can move gyms

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.