Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Edin Dzeko

Votes: 41 4.6%
  • Alvaro Negredo

Votes: 3 0.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Players that were consistent throughout the season
1. Kolarov: Probably the most improved player and one of the biggest success stories this season. Loves going forward, has the best left foot in the premier league and if you look closely he has some tricks or two when it comes to getting past players and maneuvering himself inside from out wide. His defending has also improved. The thing is Pellegrini gives him opportunity to play which builds confidence and momentum and allows him to show how good he actually is.

2. Fernandinho: I have to admit, I did have my doubts when we were looking to sign him but he certainly proved me wrong. Energetic, box to box, can run down the channels and put balls in the box, great passing range,aggressive to engage in tackling collisions with opponents, can intercept play and reads the game very well. One quality of his that was not really displayed this season is his long range shooting, although he did turn out one or two peaches. I will laugh and say that the ending of the season got a wee bit tricky for him after the Epiphany of Pellegrini that gave him another way to actually balance the team and that was playing Garcia. But he had enough first team appearances and consistently good enough displays to earn a berth in the Brazil world cup squad, so congratulations Fernandinho and hope you have a good world cup and come back stronger and ready for another go in that midfield next season.

3. Zabaleta: He is losing his mind. I am just kiddin. But the singing has to stop at least. Anyway, Zabaleta is a player that anybody should have in his squad- honesty, passion, commitment, all them superlatives of respect applies do this guy. Defensively he is as good as most center backs when it comes to reading the game, aggression. winning tussles and making tackles. His pace is not the best but he compensates with anticipation , intelligence and aggression.
Offensively, he is absolutely world class. Constantly making runs in behind, always, never stopping. He makes one run, the ball doesnt get played to him, he goes back makes another run again, and again, with fantastic timing and puts greats balls into the box. Second highest assists for a defender this season after Kolarov, says it all really. Admired and respected by all and a great player for City this season.

Players that were immense at particular points in the season:
1. Negredo: Beast mode at the first half of the season, almost unplayable until his injuries. Another player that people questioned (not me) when he signed, He has the fantsastic combination of pace, power, touch, technique and finishing creativity and ability. Looked like a world beater and hopefully the world cup and the pre -season camp will get him fit and sharp enough to go beast.

2. Aguero: Another player whose season was blighted by persistent injuries. Looked like one of the best players in the world and I actually classify this season as his breakthrough season in terms of finally climbing to the level of elite. But injuries marred his season. Without the injury problems he probably would have exceeded Suarez goals at the rate he was going. If he stays injury free next season, people will be talking about him as top 3-5 best players in the world. He is that good.

3. Silva: Yes, bluemoon favorite. The player everybody loves to love. He has been very good throughout the season but really stepped it up in March and April and I reckon is now the best Spanish player at the moment. Silva has been consistent but not dominant like the players I mentioned in the consistency section throughout the season. The most dominant performance was in the game against Hull and other games at that period. He is a mesmerizing player. When you say that it is difficult to get the ball of a player with outstanding center of gravity like Luka Modric, it is easier to see why because Modric is very energetic and aggressive. Silva who also has that center of gravity and close control that makes it difficult to get the ball of him is quite aggressive but in a deceptive manner. On the naked eye, he just glides around the pitch, one step ahead of any player that challenges him and weaves his way round tight spaces like a ballet with complete elegance and grace. His most important attribute is probably his ability to find space around the pitch to position himself and get the ball.
He is a player that perhaps does not get the recognition he deserves because as I have explained he is a quiet player in every sense of the word and gets quiet, unspoken respect from all. As I said, everybody loves Silva.

4. DzekoYes, bluemoons least favorite, the player everybody loves to diss. Well Mourinho has a case when he said that Dzeko should be player of the season because when you really assess it with your eyes open, Dzekos contributions this season at certain points especially at the end of the season was perhaps the most important factor in us winning the league. He is a world class number 9 and has delivered once again this season as he has done during his time at City. We should be very happy and proud to have a player like him. Heading, movement, positioning, finishing, holding the ball up and so on, all the hallmarks of a world class number 9 can be found in Dzeko. Those people that are expecting him to be doing 20 step overs and dribbling players and running all over the place do not understand certain things. Dzeko is a typical striker and is world class, one of the best at what he does and has been a leading player this season.

Players that deserves honorable mention
Garcia: for playing an important role this season. Constantly under scrutiny and criticism but have shown people that he is a very adept holding midfielder and his deligence and tactical intelligence is why Pellegrini did not dare drop him during the end of the season.

Dimechelis: His career at City did not start too well and was subject to much ridicule and blame from most including myself. But as he settled and got accustomed to the pace of the league and new system, he certainly showed us why he has has such a decorated career. Now everybody is assured and comforted rather than afraid when they see Dimechelis on the starting line up and that explains it all. Great player, wise and experienced and will be here next season to continue the help us. Congratulations for getting into the Argentina world cup squad.

Nasri: Played an important role this season as well and has won lot of fans over and hope this improvement and change under Pellegrini will continue next season. Shame the french team did not pick him for the world cup but that squad is a circus anyway so it is no surprise.Jokers!!!

Lescott: Conducted himself with dignity through the season. Did not play much but provided moral support and encouragement behind the scenes. One of my favourite players over the past 2-3 years and would like to thank him for his contributions to City especially in 2011/2012 when he was not far from Kompany when it came to performances. I wish him all the best on his future career. He deserves an honorable mention also for him celebration at Selhurst Park when we scored the second goal. Great personality, great character, livened the place up and a top top man. Lescott is definately top of the league.

Ultimately we had a balance squad and every player played well and made important contributions this season. it was really a squad effort, 23 men working towards a particular goal and getting it done. Congratulations Pellegrini and the players.

So now the big one , Candidate for player of the season 2013/14
Only one, Yaya Toure, cheque please!!, thank you come again!!

jrb said:
Just voted for Yaya.

Did it when it mattered.

Every single one of them did it when it mattered, that's why we had a parade !

Yaya just edges Silva for me. The absolutely spectacular just overcoming the sublime. Big shouts to virtually everybody else. You all know who I mean.

kompany/zabaleta for joint 3rd, split between yaya & silva, yaya occasionly went missing or petulance let him down, silva, always chasing, creating got my vote, very close.
should do an opposition player of year, gerrard or demba, 50/50 for me, nah 51/49, gerrard he slipped on his effin arse and fed it to demba ba + the title was OURS

I seriously considered Zab, Fernandinho, Silva and Yaya. All our 20 - goal men were priceless but Yaya terrorised the opposition from August through to May. Toure gets my vote.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.