Bluemoon Player of the Season 2017/18

Bluemoon Player of the Season 2017/18

• Total voters
Horribly hard, as many have said. The easier one to answer would be, who hasn't been good? Because the answer to that is, quite simply, no-one. Even Claudio Bravo, who's been so rocky recently, had a very good run in the League Cup, and saved our bacon more than once. Even people that you thought would have a bit part at the start of the season, like Zinchenko, have stepped up to the plate and made their mark.
I'd sort of like two polls a) Bluemoon Most Improved Player of the Season and b)Bluemoon Player of the Season.
For the first, for me, it's a toss-up between Sterling and Delph. Sterling isn't as much of a surprise, since he clearly right from the off had bags of raw talent that needed channelling. He also needed to start believing in himself, and trust himself to do the simple things. Pep instilled both those in him. Delph, on the other hand, has been an utter revelation to me. How to transform a fairly ordinary looking player into a major contender. Only Pep knows…
Second poll: at Christmas, I would have said KDB. Over the whole season, though, it's Merlin. I just think he runs games. The one player that I dread leaving. People talk about Bernardo, and he's a fine player. But nobody's replacing Spanish Dave. Sorry, but you just don't replace a player like that.

Last edited:
Even though there are numerous players who have had a fantastic season, De Bruyne has been by far our best player for me. He had a run of 6/7 average games early in the new year but in general he’s been tremendous.

He’s now established himself as one of the best playmakers in the world, and seem to have the intelligence and loyalty to become our next captain.

Honourable mentions to Sterling, Ederson and Delph, who have all enjoyed incredible campaigns, too.

The likes of Merlin, Fernandinho and Aguero have always been consistently excellent. Thus, it comes as no surprise that they all contributed to what has been a truly wonderful season.

With the exception of some fringe players, I can’t think of anyone who has been disappointing. Pretty much everyone has been a 7/10 or above.

Kev just gets the vote for me, although Silva has performed incredibly despite what has gone on off the field with his newborn and Raz and Leroy have both kicked on.

I didn't find it hard, there have been loads and loads of fantastic performances from virtually every player who has worn blue this season but KDB has been in a class of his own for me.
Any other season Silva Sterling Fern Eddie and Kun could easily have got it based on their performances but this season for me there was only ever one winner.

Gone with KDB but honestly could have picked any of them after this season.

Went a bit left field with sterling as I know the others will get all the accolades they're due and I feel he deserves a bit of recognition for a bloody brilliant season
I've been a critic of Sterling for his end product etc and that still needs improvement but I totally agree with you he deserves a mention.

Good shout.

Pep on David Silva; “David Silva controls the tempo. He has the skills no doubt about that but in the bad moments he is there to control the game and he is an aggressive competitor.” “Normally the qualities people talk about to play here is physical strength and speed and Silva can be a bit out of that idea. But he has adapted his game to English football and he deserves big congratulations for what he has achieved here. It’s not easy to play 300 games at this level. I always said he had to score more goals because if Silva scored more goals you cannot imagine what he would have been because he has absolutely everything else – the quality, the mentality, and a great competitor.”

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.