Bluemoon's Most Disliked Sport? (The Results Are In p35)

Re: Bluemoon's Most Disliked Sport? (Rugby Union V. Cycling p20)

cycling. although it is hilarious

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBE98Raljwo[/youtube]

How do people not like American Football?

All I read are the same wrong and ignorant cliches.

They wear padding - they need it, the ball is passed forward in this game which speeds the running up, and the linemen effectively have a scrum with a two yard run up where heads clash on near every play. When it was played without pads in one season there were 22 deaths.

There are stoppages - And? There are stoppages in every sport. Watch cricket, tennis etc and you'll see plenty of stoppages. The avg game is just 3 hours, do people really lack the patience to watch for 3 hours?

I don't understand it - read up the rules then.

They don't use their feet, why is it called football? - it evolved from Rugby FOOTBALL and so American Rules Football took the football name.

They're pussies for wearing padding - the average career in AF is just 3 years due to injuries because of the brutality of the hits, even with that so called padding they wear. Avg offense linemen is well over 6'5 and 22 stone.

Some are obese - there are players who have a higher body fat percentage. However they are built like shot-putters, discus throwers and strongmen - built like fuck with added lean body fat, in gym speak its called Bear Mode!

You don't like it, then fine, just stop coming out with the same crap. It would be like me not liking Rugby and asking, why is the ball round? Why don't they just kick the ball? etc etc.

Seems some of it also stems from anti-Americanism from people who have never been to America.

Anyway, rant over.

argyle said:

They wear padding - they need it, the ball is passed forward in this game which speeds the running up, and the linemen effectively have a scrum with a two yard run up where heads clash on near every play. When it was played without pads in one season there were 22 deaths.

There are stoppages - And? There are stoppages in every sport. Watch cricket, tennis etc and you'll see plenty of stoppages. The avg game is just 3 hours, do people really lack the patience to watch for 3 hours?

They don't use their feet, why is it called football? - it evolved from Rugby FOOTBALL and so American Rules Football took the football name.

They're pussies for wearing padding - the average career in AF is just 3 years due to injuries because of the brutality of the hits, even with that so called padding they wear. Avg offense linemen is well over 6'5 and 22 stone.

Some are obese - there are players who have a higher body fat percentage. However they are built like shot-putters, discus throwers and strongmen - built like fuck with added lean body fat, in gym speak its called Bear Mode!

You don't like it, then fine, just stop coming out with the same crap. It would be like me not liking Rugby and asking, why is the ball round? Why don't they just kick the ball? etc etc.

Seems some of it also stems from anti-Americanism from people who have never been to America.

Anyway, rant over.

I have been to the states countless times and have attended a few games.
I understand the rules fully.
But I still think it is about as exciting as watching a coffin warp.
Is that ok?

argyle said:

Anyway, rant over.

Touched a nerve here.....

None of those reasons you gave I would personally use, maybe 15yrs ago... I just find the sport boring, I really do.... even the supposed "spectacle" that is Super Bowl, I struggle to keep awake....

NHL, now that's my sport, it's Footy on Ice... fast paced and lovely movements to score goals, plus the europeans ain't too bad at it either, all shapes and sizes... just like Footy.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
argyle said:

Anyway, rant over.

I have been to the states countless times and have attended a few games.
I understand the rules fully.
But I still think it is about as exciting as watching a coffin warp.
Is that ok?

Possibly.

I just personally love the game. Each to their own I guess.

Rugby Union

It's just a very shit, slower version of Rugby League!

Full of Posh lads thinking they're tough aswel!

The Pink Panther said:
Rugby Union

Complete Heresy

SF bann him or her :/<br /><br />-- Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:14 am --<br /><br />
Colliahhh said:
Rugby Union

It's just a very shit, slower version of Rugby League!

Full of Posh lads thinking they're tough aswel!

But richer :)

Which sort of cycling are we voting on?
Tour, Downhill, Cyclo-cross, I think we should be told.

But I will still vote for cycling over Union.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.