Bluemoon's Official Top 100 Films

I know it's one of Sergio Leone's classic, but I've never seen it.

Westerns come just above gangster flicks in terms of genres and they're both pretty low for me - although I will have some positive comments about TG, TB and TU when it appears!

Having said that, westerns and gangster films appearing instead of super hero bollocks is a positive!
It’s a really good film.
Long and slow in parts but worth checking out.

It’s a really good film.
Long and slow in parts but worth checking out.
Cheers. Usually go away at Christmas but as we'll be stuck at home this year, a one-month NOWTV subscription should see me finally catch up on this, plus The Godfather films!

Number 6 on my list. Best western ever made. Morricones best score. Stunning cinamatography and sound design. Bronson. Cardinale. So many memorable scenes. And one of the best movie quotes ever
"How can you trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders? Man cant even trust his own pants!"
So many quotes from this film @BlueHammer85 could have chosen to use as his lead and that's a great one. As is "You brought two too many."

On tonight, TCM HD @ 21:00

kXDscXW.jpg

Rocky (1976)

Starring Sylvester Stallone, Carl Weathers & Talia Shire.

Rocky Balboa, a journeyman fighter is given a surprise shot at the world heavyweight championship.

On tonight, TCM HD @ 21:00

kXDscXW.jpg

Rocky (1976)

Starring Sylvester Stallone, Carl Weathers & Talia Shire.

Rocky Balboa, a journeyman fighter is given a surprise shot at the world heavyweight championship.
Stallone is actually really good in this.
Watched it years after having originally seen it and remembered thinking it’s a much better film than I had given credit for.

A proper storyline and acting. I just remembered it as being a typical Stallone action/boxing film. But the original Rocky has a lot more going on in it.

I haven’t seen Once upon a Time in the West yet.

I‘m not overly keen on westerns but I did thoroughly enjoy The Good, The Bad and The Ugly, Dead Man and Unforgiven.

Stallone is actually really good in this.
Watched it years after having originally seen it and remembered thinking it’s a much better film than I had given credit for.

A proper storyline and acting. I just remembered it as being a typical Stallone action/boxing film. But the original Rocky has a lot more going on in it.
Structurally it's so far away from the typical Hollywood film. There's basically 45 minutes of character building before anything really happens and it's so much better for it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.