Bluemoon's Official Top 100 TV Shows

Would have had Shameless in a Top 20 dramas and at its best was brilliant. Had Grange Hill,The Thick Of It and The Bridge in my 20. Grange Hill was essential viewing for my teenage self and if we ever do a Top 20 TV characters Malcolm Tucker and Saga Noren would have to be in.
Agree about Shameless if not for the last few series which were poor.

Only 6 votes for “The Thick Of It”?! My highest placed British comedy (no.6). Every episode an electrifying hilarious mish mash of sarcasm and acidic invective.

Grange Hill I must admit I never even thought about. The 13 year old version of me loved it though

I'm guilty of forgetting to include it.

Seinfeld 68th is like DeBruyne or Kompany being voted 68th on the best players ever for City list.

Now obviously I wouldn't expect over-the-ponders to be as familiar with it as Yanks, nor to pick up on all the subtleties that are uniquely American, and New Yorkian (even though it was filmed in LA) -- there's a lot of baseball humo(u)r, e.g. But still -- somehow the Young Ones and Cheers are going to be ahead of Seinfeld, to name two off the top of my head, and while both are good IMO, neither holds a candle to Seinfeld.

Out of 180 episodes (180!), there are going to be a few that are meh, especially early ones. But at least one-third of the episodes are brilliant, and most of the rest are very good and very funny.
It's more like a City fan in Africa or America questioning why Shaun Goater is so high in the list of favourite City players ever - completely ignorant to the culture and background of the club.

Seinfeld 68th is like DeBruyne or Kompany being voted 68th on the best players ever for City list.

Now obviously I wouldn't expect over-the-ponders to be as familiar with it as Yanks, nor to pick up on all the subtleties that are uniquely American, and New Yorkian (even though it was filmed in LA) -- there's a lot of baseball humo(u)r, e.g. But still -- somehow the Young Ones and Cheers are going to be ahead of Seinfeld, to name two off the top of my head, and while both are good IMO, neither holds a candle to Seinfeld.

Out of 180 episodes (180!), there are going to be a few that are meh, especially early ones. But at least one-third of the episodes are brilliant, and most of the rest are very good and very funny.
Watched an episode of The Young Ones recently. Hasn't aged well unlike other comedies from that era.

62. Dr Who 6/66

1614764852600.png
As a 9 year old who was hooked by the original series in 1963 I had the Doc at no.19 in my list, though based entirely on the 20th C series rather than the 21st C revival.

Edit: Just realised I missed Steptoe's appearance in the 100, so that's 2 of my picks.

Last edited:
I enjoyed the first season of The Bridge but I didn’t care for the characterisation of the main character. It stereotypes high-functioning autism/aspergers.

I was genuinely touched when the main character got re-united with her retro Porsche at the start of S4.
tu3xhUI.gif

It's more like a City fan in Africa or America questioning why Shaun Goater is so high in the list of favourite City players ever - completely ignorant to the culture and background of the club.
Right, completely ignorant — which is why I caveated my last response the way I did.

But then again, a “City fan in Africa or America” can also know more about football than some steeped in the “culture and background of the club”.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.