Bluemoon's Official Top 100 TV Shows

The Shield not even top 50! mind blown!

I had that quite high up, in my top 5 at least.

Fargo was also in my top 20. But for me nowhere near as good as the shield, never mind higher.

Not seen the other 3.

I'm absolutely raging now, with the Shield being so low.

You've ruined my day BM! Grr.

Off to look at the PL table again, the one list that makes sense!

Ciro the Immortal will not be happy
1BWbdwd.gif

The Shield not even top 50! mind blown!

I had that quite high up, in my top 5 at least.

Fargo was also in my top 20. But for me nowhere near as good as the shield, never mind higher.

Not seen the other 3.
At least some of your top 20 are appearing in the list now.

3 for me so far, confident another 11 will appear somewhere, less so my other 6.

Right, completely ignorant — which is why I caveated my last response the way I did.

But then again, a “City fan in Africa or America” can also know more about football than some steeped in the “culture and background of the club”.
I think you're completely missing my point.

Of course a City fan in Africa or America could be far more knowledgeable about football than a City fan born and raised in Ancoats - I agree entirely. However, if they were to use that football knowledge to argue with the Ancoats blue why Dzeko should be above Goater in any fans' favourite list, they'd be clearly showing that they don't get the culture and background of the club.

This isn't aimed at you personally for being a blue in San Francisco by the way.

Back to your numerous posts on the comedy list (and the reason I used the City analogy), to argue that an American comedy should be higher on a list of mainly English people's favourite shows, completely disregards the comedy culture of the UK - i.e. Brits on the whole just don't find Americans as funny as Americans do.

Of course there are exceptions - I love Curb Your Enthusiasm - but the very best of American comedy isn't as funny to me and many other English people as a quite good English comedy. You simply can't tell a person wat they should find funny.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.