Blues at the World Cup

Mendy in the France squad, Laporte out and not even on the 10 man reserve list (?). Theyve got a very good squad actually.

However im delighted for Mendy, long recovery but brilliant that he made the squad

So looks like we'll have 17 going to the WC. Everyone in the first team bar Bravo, Laporte, Yaya, and the youths.

I am happy for Ben...

But it is very odd that he made the squad (after barely returning from injury and making only a few appearances recently, mostly from the bench) and Laporte didn’t, after consistently being one of our best defenders (if not the best) these last few months of a dominant, title-winning campaign. And Eric can reliably play leftback (he is not rapid like Ben but he is no slouch, either). I think he is easily one of France’s best centrebacks, as well.

I suppose they are desperate for Mendy’s marauding runs and laser-guided crosses and think they have enough centreback cover.

If the alpha shark doesn’t play, though, Laporte’s snub will look even more questionable.

Delph has earned his call up, been fantastic this season, he is deceptively skilful, quick, strong and dependable.
As for the England team, I have low expectations, I just hope our players can have a decent WC, especially Sterling, after the flack he got in the past, to see him bang in a few screamers( head over the ball!) would be great

Arzani will be one to watch for Australia, 19-yr old very good on the ball. I believe he is or has spent a week around the city complex

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.