Blues in Abu-Dhabi?

St Helens Blue, we moved to UAE last year, to Dubai, if you have to live in Abu Dhabi so be it but there are thousands of people who commute daily from Dubai . Key issue will be schooling if you have family, lots more choice and more places in Dubai. don't commit to live anywhere until you have the school places gaurenteed. Also Abu Dhabi is much quieter and housing more expensive , whereas Dubai is party city, just had Stone Roses concert here, something happening everynight, Noel Gallagher this weekend. City fans all over, if you end up in AD then you will see lots of the players and staff and kids can train at the official City football training school at Zayed Sports City. Best part is you get every single Premiership game live , plus all European matches, most FA Cup games on TV all for around £15 a month. Long way home for matches though, good news is 5 flights a day back to Manchester from UAE. Enjoy!

Durham Blue2 said:
St Helens Blue, we moved to UAE last year, to Dubai, if you have to live in Abu Dhabi so be it but there are thousands of people who commute daily from Dubai . Key issue will be schooling if you have family, lots more choice and more places in Dubai. don't commit to live anywhere until you have the school places gaurenteed. Also Abu Dhabi is much quieter and housing more expensive , whereas Dubai is party city, just had Stone Roses concert here, something happening everynight, Noel Gallagher this weekend. City fans all over, if you end up in AD then you will see lots of the players and staff and kids can train at the official City football training school at Zayed Sports City. Best part is you get every single Premiership game live , plus all European matches, most FA Cup games on TV all for around £15 a month. Long way home for matches though, good news is 5 flights a day back to Manchester from UAE. Enjoy!

Cheers Durham Blue ... I've heard the 'commute' from Dubai to AD is like cannonball run, at my age I'm looking for a relaxed way of life so AD sounds perfect, but, I'm mving initially on my own with the family to follow so I won't be tying myself to accommodation in Abu Dhabi and can check out the differences and suitability for my family over a few months before making final decision ... again thanks for the info and keep it coming guys !!!

I am surprised when i hear some people describing Abu Dhabi City as boring city or has less quality life than Dubai, because this is not true at all.

If it is up to me, i will always choose Abu Dhabi over any other city in the region.

Yes, Dubai conduct more parties, more malls, yes, so what? is that what you need to live a good live?

In Abu Dhabi you will enjoy more quite life with good options, we have the beach/cornich area, which is a good place for walking and doing many activites including swimming, we have nice islands, Ferrari world theme park, Formula one race, and recently the yas water park, and soon two big museums will open in Abu Dhabi; the Louvre Abu Dhabi and Guggenheim Abu Dhabi

Millennium said:
I am surprised when i hear some people describing Abu Dhabi City as boring city or has less quality life than Dubai, because this is not true at all.

If it is up to me, i will always choose Abu Dhabi over any other city in the region.

Yes, Dubai conduct more parties, more malls, yes, so what? is that what you need to live a good live?

In Abu Dhabi you will enjoy more quite life with good options, we have the beach/cornich area, which is a good place for walking and doing many activites including swimming, we have nice islands, Ferrari world theme park, Formula one race, and recently the yas water park, and soon two big museums will open in Abu Dhabi; the Louvre Abu Dhabi and Guggenheim Abu Dhabi

i take it your an older guy. cuz that shit does not appeal to me at all :P. and if i want to see ferrari world its 1 hour away :P

AntiUnited said:
Millennium said:

i take it your an older guy. cuz that shit does not appeal to me at all :P. and if i want to see ferrari world its 1 hour away :P

Oh my God!, so the only thing that attracts your attention in my reply is the Ferrari world?

Well, i can use the same argument and say Dubai is only one hour drive from Abu Dhabi, so if you want to attend a party or go to a mall it should not be a problem. Although you will find also good malls and concerts in Abu Dhabi as well.

During the month of March we have the following activities:

http://visitabudhabi.ae/en/events.aspx

What else do you need?

Horses for courses really.

If nightlife's your thing, then Dubai wins hands down. But if you're into having a quieter, more cultural experience then Abu Dhabi ticks all the boxes.

Really does depend on what your interests are. Dubai is a pisshead's paradise, but then Abu Dhabi has a fantastic reputation for families.

AntiUnited said:
Millennium said:

Will there be a copy of the Mona Lisa in the Abu Dhabi Louvre? Been to Dubai but may give AD a go this year of there is anything to do.

Do you know the Sheikh and is there any chance of Ferrari world being painted blue if I pop over.

Millennium said:
AntiUnited said:
Millennium said:

Oh my God!, so the only thing that attracts your attention in my reply is the Ferrari world?

Well, i can use the same argument and say Dubai is only one hour drive from Abu Dhabi, so if you want to attend a party or go to a mall it should not be a problem. Although you will find also good malls and concerts in Abu Dhabi as well.

During the month of March we have the following activities:

http://visitabudhabi.ae/en/events.aspx

What else do you need?

sorry man but that list is dire ;P. rather go to barasti, nasimi beach, or stables and bang a flight stwerdess tbh :P the only reason i bother going to AD is for the F1 race. other than that its pretty grim :P

Tim of the Oak said:
AntiUnited said:
Millennium said:

Will there be a copy of the Mona Lisa in the Abu Dhabi Louvre? Been to Dubai but may give AD a go this year of there is anything to do.

Do you know the Sheikh and is there any chance of Ferrari world being painted blue if I pop over.

This depends on the time of your visit, i think March is a good time.

I do not have strong connections, but I hope that he paints the city with the blue color soon.

I went on holiday to Abu Dhabi and it was fantastic.

The nightlife whilst not hedonistic offered plenty of variety with dozens of top quality restaurants and bars within the many new hotels that have sprung up. Shangri La, a fantastic hotel, had some sort of dance night at one of its many bars whilst I was over.

Yas waterworld is fantastic for the family, without doubt the best waterpark I have been to and that includes those in Florida.

I did plan to go to Dubai but didnt make it, so can't make any direct comparison but with it being only a 45 minute drive away you can easily get there for a concert or nightlife that might take your fancy and from what I was told a taxi would only cost 50 quid.

Already planning my next trip to AD as there were many things that I unfortunately didn't get round to, one being watching the footy at the Meridian hotel at the heart of the city sports bar.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.