BM Golf Comp '13: **Important Update-Vote!**

Re: Bluemoon Golf Competition 2013

Right the first few events have been and gone and we're starting to settle into the new season. Wins for both established names in Dustin Johnson & Louis Oosthuizen and the new kid on the block in Russell Henley, seems like we're in for an exciting season already.

With the first few events in we now have our first league table:

1) simonr555 1025
2) Wizard 895
3) Carstairs 840
4) angleseyblue 735
5) mcfc_nick 720
6) bluemonkey71 635
7) Tenerife Blue 630
8) bluesmith 620
9) Rammy Blue 605
10) Garrinchas---Dog 565
11) sky tot 540
12) City Raider 535
13) newenglandblue 455
14) mancmackem 425
15) The cookie monster 410
16) cptaidan88 405
17) PhuketBlue 365
18) maccadon 360
19) leighton 340
20) Poynton Blue 315
21) abu13 305
22) manc73 305
23) JoeMercer'sWay 300
24) Brisblu 295
25) Balti 280
26) niall'sdiscoshorts 245
27) TaxiforCreaney 215
28) ohfk 210
29) RH 190
30) BimboBob 175
31) bluestevei 160
32) ReturnoftheMac 120
33) mindmyp's_n_q's 80
34) jerseyblue 0
35) homerdog -50.

As you can see we have 35 teams, 1 more than last season. However I am still accepting new entries until the end of January, after which I will need to close entries in order to work out how to organise our Cup competition. I would, although it's not my place to influence entries, hope that new teams would go for players who haven't yet been picked.

Players like Snedeker, Bubba, Lawrie, Grace, Scott, Westwood, Stricker and Hanson all haven't been picked and although it would mean sacrificing a Rory or Tiger they are much cheaper and do rack up lots of points, and you can build a stronger team across the board by picking 2 or 3 of these and still coming in within budget, and by having these players who tend to score lots of points then you have an advantage over the 35 who haven't already picked them.

It seems daft that The Masters champion, FedEx Cup Winner and 3 members of the winning European Ryder Cup team haven't been picked, so I'd hope some late entries would take the gamble, especially considering that unless you enter tomorrow you will lose points on everybody else on Rory and Tiger as they play this week and will probably score points.

This takes us on to this week, where the European Tour welcomes the Top 2 in the world to their first event of 2013. Rory McIlroy's mega Nike deal sees him usurp Tiger as the brand leader which will add a notch to their ever increasing rivalry. They are paired with Martin Kaymer for the first two rounds of the Abu Dhabi Championship, which is the first event of the lengthy Asia-Africa winter swing of the European Tour, which is a clear indicator of the Eurozone crisis at the moment as the Tour does not return to Europe till Mid-April. That being said our next 3 events are in the Middle East, with Qatar and Dubai to follow this week, and we have a stellar field including the aforementioned McIlroy, Woods and Kaymer and also Dufner, F Molinari, Grace, Hanson, Lawrie, Stenson, Harrington, Rose, Els, Casey, Mannassero amongst others.

The PGA Tour leaves Hawaii to venture to California for the start of the West Coast swing in the Humana Challenge. This features amongst others Bae, Baddeley, Fisher, Haas, Z Johnson, Ishikawa, Karlsson, Kuchar, Laird, Mickelson, Ogilvy, Pettersson, Simpson, Snedeker, Stanley & Van Pelt, so the categories are:

European Tour-Abu Dhabi HSBC Golf Championship-Category C.
PGA Tour-Humana Challenge in partnership with the Clinton Foundation-Category D.

Enjoy the golf whether you're an early starter or a late night dweller.

Nice one JMW. I'll take a screenshot of me sitting on top of the pile for the first and last time.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
people with McIlroy are going to have to play the long game as he has to adjust to his new equipment.

You wouldnt think it would take a professional that long to adjust to his new equipment. See in his deal with Nike he can go back to his old putter at any time he wishes to do so.

Joe will there be a transfer window in this. Think I fucked up with the former am Patrick Cantley thought he would be on the PGA Tour this season but at early days no sign of him yet even hitting a ball which is strange for a new golfer to the tour as they always would play regular golf week in week out to move up the rankings.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.