Boateng wants out

Bellamy's Caddy said:
When I watched the World Cup I was really pleased we'd signed Boateng, he was brilliant. Then against Valencia in the pre season game he put in a fantastic cross for Barry to score, I thought we had a full back who would be good for a few assits a season.

Sadly that early promise never materialised and a mixture of injuries and squad rotation meant his opportunities were limited. The rare occasion he was played at CB he didn't look comfortable at all and seemed to lack the necessary aggression required for that position and looked vulnerable when defending ariel attacks.

If he thinks Bayern are so much better than City he won't be going there expecting to play many games... if he couldn't force his way in to our starting line up, he won't have a chance there!

Apart from that cross against Valencia my abiding memory of Jerome Boateng, should he leave will be his once a game obligatory run down the right, where he'd run out of options, cut inside, shift the ball on to his left then unleash a thunderous shot....that would go both wide and over...

When i watched him in the world cup (left back) he was awful.

I've said on these boards on more than one occasion that if he's a full-back then i'm a fuckin supermodel.
I also pointed out that his waving a foot around in a half-hearted attempt at a tackle will result in serious injury, and sure enough.
I'd be surprised if any club paid more than 6million for him.

This cb business is strange. I know Mancini is a big fan of jb, I hope to god he doesn't drop Komp or Lescott for him straight away.

Man up jb or do one, with your performances this season you should be keeping your head down and mouth shut.

A big let down this guy has been. When we signed him I thought we had pulled off a real coup, but either he has no botheredness about him or the PL simply showed him up for what he is. Either way, hard to dislike someone who hasn't really done much wrong so if a move to the top club in his homeland is what he wants, good luck to him.
Richards is far, far superior.

Quality footballer with colossal potential. Still think he'll go on to be one of the best centre halves in Europe and I'll be very disappointed if he goes, destroyed if he's replaced by gary cahill

The Fat el Hombre said:
Quality footballer with colossal potential. Still think he'll go on to be one of the best centre halves in Europe and I'll be very disappointed if he goes, destroyed if he's replaced by gary cahill
At least Cahill might put in a performance though. I don't have any lasting memories of Boateng, good or bad. I think Cahill is getting some infair stick before he's even here really, he's a solid player. Not saying he's first team quality but in a rotation system or simply as back up, i'll be happy to have him. Was really surprised when Villa got rid so easily.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Fat Chance said:
There were plenty of posters on here argueing why the 6ft 3inch German could make a fine fullback......to be fair i recall asking anyone to name me another (6ft 3inch fullback) and the lines went deado. Never go rallying in a stretch limo....is my tip for the day.

Corluka's 6ft4.
And he's a shite fb as well!!

Ill be sorry to see him go he will be one of the best centre backs in the world in the naext few years imo

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.