Bobby Charlton passes away at the age of 86

Nah. Bobby Moore and Billy Wright both had more influence on the game than Charlton. Gordon Banks can lay claim to be our best WC player after Moore.

Plenty of people who saw him play (including Tommy Docherty) say Tom Finney is out on his own as the greatest English player.

With the recent passing of Franny Lee, and the sad loss of Sir Bobby today, I feel both clubs should use the Manchester Derby next weekend to mark the loss of both of these footballing greats. I know our fans will honour whatever United have planned regardless, but it would be great for the city to come together to mark the loss of them both

An absolute giant of the game. Up there with the best there's ever been.
Didn't know the man personally but did open a shop door for him once and he completely blanked me.
I probably should've forgiven him by now but it's only at times like this you realise the stupidity of baring a grudge for the last 30 years.
Bobby Charlton. A servant to the game, his club and his country. RIP.

My hatred for that lot isn't a secret. But you've got to respect a top,top footballer and by all accounts a decent human being. And if my dad and grandad said he was world class, then who am I to argue. RIP Wor Bobby, glad you're now free of that terrible disease.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.