Bobby Duncan

Isn't it at 17 when they can sign a pro contract? That was just 2 days ago for Bobby so we'd only get the agreed development fees for him. If they refuse to sign a pre-agreement (probably illegal anyway) would you want us to freeze them out or punish them some other way?

They're kids, he's a born scouser and is related to Slipper so the fact that he'd like to play for them shouldn't be a surprise.

Good luck to the lad.

Your correct and I stand corrected in what I put...

I'm sure the club offered the kid as much as thought appropriate,if he decides his future lies elsewhere what are the club supposed to do? hold a gun to his head?

I'm not sure why the need to find fault is required.

I've thought about what I've put and I am seeing it like you said...
No fault by the club it's down to him and only him...

I've thought about what I've put and I am seeing it like you said...
No fault by the club it's down to him and only him...
This kids head was turned a couple of years back,we had no chance of keeping him.

In regards others,only the exceptional,and i mean really exceptional,in all areas of their development,ability and attitude.......will be kept on.95% will simply make us a few quid,many with buy backs inserted to allow us the future option if they develop accordingly or unexpectedly.

Contrary to the concerns and criticisms of some,our academy is functioning just fine :-)

This kids head was turned a couple of years back,we had no chance of keeping him.

In regards others,only the exceptional,and i mean really exceptional,in all areas of their development,ability and attitude.......will be kept on.95% will simply make us a few quid,many with buy backs inserted to allow us the future option if they develop accordingly or unexpectedly.

Contrary to the concerns and criticisms of some,our academy is functioning just fine :-)

Must be letting past players Mee,Trippier, Rusnak,Suarez and Guidetti who sold for 3.6mil to Alaves just recently cloud my judgment about how the academy is functioning well;-)

Must be letting past players Mee,Trippier, Rusnak,Suarez and Guidetti who sold for 3.6mil to Alaves just recently cloud my judgment about how the academy is functioning well;-)
You'll be happy with the following then.

""

You'll be happy with the following then.

""

Ecstatic! I found this bit in the piece interesting...

I always knew Brooksy would become available,” says Howard Dean, United’s former national academy chief scout.

“It was just a matter of when. City, at that time, were emerging as a superpower in the game because of their Arab money, and the whole dynamic of their recruitment changed.

“What’s important is getting to the front of the queue, by establishing good links, and that’s what I had with City. I first saw him at 14, playing on mud heaps at Platt Lane, and thought: ‘This kid can play.’ He just seemed to glide across the grass, if there was any.

“I knew right then that he would be a player for Sheffield United. No doubt, if the right people got hold of him. And that’s how I sold it to the club. Travis Binnion, John Dungworth and Chris Morgan were instrumental in developing him, and I told City that he was guaranteed a professional deal if he did things how I thought he could.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.th...-rise-to-the-senior-welsh-squad-1-8797883/amp

How many of this lot were exceptional?

The debutants in the ‘Pep Team’

2008/09: Busquets, Thiago, Xavi Torres, Muniesa, Botía and Abraham

2009/10: Fontàs, Dos Santos, Soriano, Gai Assulin and Bartra

2010/11: Oriol Romeu, Sergi Gómez, Miño, Nolito, Montoya and Sergi Roberto

2011/12: Cuenca, Deulofeu, Rafinha, Tello and Riverola

The players in bold played more than 10 games for Barcelona during Pep's reign. The greatest club side of the generation and perhaps all time. Only Busquets and Thiago fit the exceptional category.

If you set the bar at exceptional then you're only going to get two or three players over a decade, whereas the top clubs regularly fill their squad with some academy graduates, not to start games but to provide useful, homegrown and free of cost back-up. If we can develop a £20m player, that player can fulfill the role of cup games and bench options rather than splashing double that price for a new signing to do the exact same role. The purpose of an academy should be to produce players for your club first and foremost, not others. City don't need the money and we sell players at a pittance anyway.

A lot of the so-called exceptional looking talents at youth level are just bigger and faster and have that advantage. Harry Kane was not considered an exceptional talent. Maybe there is a Harry Kane among the academy ranks today who is a late bloomer needing to be nurtured.

How many of this lot were exceptional?

The debutants in the ‘Pep Team’

2008/09: Busquets, Thiago, Xavi Torres, Muniesa, Botía and Abraham

2009/10: Fontàs, Dos Santos, Soriano, Gai Assulin and Bartra

2010/11: Oriol Romeu, Sergi Gómez, Miño, Nolito, Montoya and Sergi Roberto

2011/12: Cuenca, Deulofeu, Rafinha, Tello and Riverola

The players in bold played more than 10 games for Barcelona during Pep's reign. The greatest club side of the generation and perhaps all time. Only Busquets and Thiago fit the exceptional category.

If you set the bar at exceptional then you're only going to get two or three players over a decade, whereas the top clubs regularly fill their squad with some academy graduates, not to start games but to provide useful, homegrown and free of cost back-up. If we can develop a £20m player, that player can fulfill the role of cup games and bench options rather than splashing double that price for a new signing to do the exact same role. The purpose of an academy should be to produce players for your club first and foremost, not others. City don't need the money and we sell players at a pittance anyway.

A lot of the so-called exceptional looking talents at youth level are just bigger and faster and have that advantage. Harry Kane was not considered an exceptional talent. Maybe there is a Harry Kane among the academy ranks today who is a late bloomer needing to be nurtured.

Good post and on the money...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.