Bobby Manc's worst tactical blunder this season?

ForzaMancini said:
Comrade Buka said:
Matt the Giant said:
And if you say that "well we don't play up to Edin's strengths", well why then was he bought??

He cost us £27 million and has been here for over a year now. I don't blame him for his under performing, I blame the management.

Spot on.

Dzeko should be able to adapt. The worlds best strikers should be able to adapt. I'm sure we play a different way to Inter, the rags and Atletico Madrid but that hasn't stopped Mario, Tevez and Kun becoming ahead of Dzeko in a place on the team. And Dzeko has still missed many chances, in our team a striker will get chances it is down to them to finish it.

Got it. Mancini probably bought Dzeko because of his ability to adapt. Crystal clear.<br /><br />-- Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:44 am --<br /><br />
halpo123 said:
ban-mcfc said:
grim up north said:
We don't play with fucking wingers

well maybe we fucking should from time to time.
well maybe we fucking shouldnt ,its a matter of opinion and i'll trust Bobby everytime mate Fucking armchair tacticians fuck me right off...We're fucking ace and if you think we are not your a dick

You trust the government too, don't you?

Jumanji said:
cleavers said:
Changing the tactics away from home, from "we'll score more than you", to "we'll keep a clean sheet", which has meant on a few occasions "we'll concede one more than you", or more often "we'll not score more than you".
Myth.
I suggest that you look at the facts (goals), in the games since Chelsea, we've conceded less, but we've got less points (against generally poorer teams). Its not hard to work out that the tactics changed.

Not convinced its 100% tatical.. but for me it has to be why the hell dont the team perform in the first half like they do in the 2nd. Surely with unlimted time he should be able to foucus them arrange them assign roles motivate etc etc to go at teams from the off. In can't think of any game where we have really dropped off 2nd half barring Fulham but numerous games our 2nd half setup/perfomance have greatly improved compared tot he first (Sometimes still bad a la swansea but better none the less)

ForzaMancini said:
Comrade Buka said:
Matt the Giant said:
And if you say that "well we don't play up to Edin's strengths", well why then was he bought??

He cost us £27 million and has been here for over a year now. I don't blame him for his under performing, I blame the management.

Spot on.

Dzeko should be able to adapt. The worlds best strikers should be able to adapt. I'm sure we play a different way to Inter, the rags and Atletico Madrid but that hasn't stopped Mario, Tevez and Kun becoming ahead of Dzeko in a place on the team. And Dzeko has still missed many chances, in our team a striker will get chances it is down to them to finish it.

Not according to some City fans - if the players miss chances it must be Mancini's fault.

This post is spot on despite what some will say against it. Lets tell it like it is.

let's add a few more blunders:
Mancini is to blame for the petrol queues.
George Galloway winning in Bradford
The hosepipe ban
The fact that Waggon Wheels are smaller than they were in the 60's
Fat people
Man landing on the moon
He is definately to blame for all the over 50's who over the last few days have been walking around Manchester in 3/4 trousers with white socks and trainers,
Hell he is even to blame for the negative pathetic stupid threads on Bluemoon.

Listen....
Everytime Mancini says he has got it wrong (i.e. Everton) he is just sheilding the players so the gutter press will attack him and not the squad.

Do you think a manager of his calibre (or any manager in fact) would really underestimate a club like Everton at Goodison bearing in mind our history against them.

He has done it a couple of times now and I don't really think he has been to blame at all. Savic has been played recently because we had no other defenders available, Zabaletta has been injured otherwise i'm sure he wouldn't have played against Swansea.

We don't need to replace Mancini we just need our luck to change.....!!

Being so stubborn playing Savic and not subbing him after 7 mins and getting Richards in there. How many games? How many points dropped? Love bobby though, huge mistake and very costly.

I love how the majority of the answers to this aren't even vaguely tactical. For me it just illustrates how tactically naive English football is.

To me it's how we've approached every away game. We set up in such a way we either score first and win easily, or concede and have a huge up hill battle. The line between attack and defence is too well defined, we essentially have 4 forwards on the pitch when we play any two of Nasri, Silva, Johnson or Balotelli wide. Now that's fine when we can easily transition from defence to attack through a decent range of passing because we end up with very talented players isolating poor defenders. But when the transition is more difficult, ie when they press hard and disrupt Barry/Toure's passing game we are lost. When the forwards recieve it they are often up against multiple defenders. And the fact we have 4 forwards on the pitch means Toure can't break forward and solve the problem, because we then have 5 forwards and if play breaks down we're exposed (This could be solved by better ball retention).

To me we just look like Hughes' side before he got sacked with less pace and more ability. Hughes' side was easily stopped by blocking the run behind, Mancini's by blocking the space in front of the defence.

However unpredictability comes from players breaking from deep. Think Richards' powerful runs. To me we need that all over the pitch, and to do that we need more players comfortable starting the attack deeper. This also has the additional benefit of drawing the team out so we have space to attack. But for players to break they need to know there will be cover. Milner out wide solves this issue perfectly, with him in the side we look balanced and players have the confidence to break on without exposing the defence.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.