Bobby Robson loses battle with cancer

Absolute legend of a guy. RIP Bobby. Had the pleasure of reading his biography and it gave me immense inspiration the way he battled with cancer time and time again with so little fuss.

Why are Newcastle at the centre of attention of all this? He isn't from Newcastle, doesn't speak in a Geordie accent and only managed them for 5 years at the end of his career.

There's been nothing about Ipswich where he made his name and was most famous for.

Immaculate Pasta said:
Why are Newcastle at the centre of attention of all this? He isn't from Newcastle, doesn't speak in a Geordie accent and only managed them for 5 years at the end of his career.

There's been nothing about Ipswich where he made his name and was most famous for.
because he was born in the region and was a boyhood Newcastle fan. Sky have shown the tributes being left at his Statue at Portman Road and mentioned numerous times about tonights game there and the book of condoleance

city-of-cardiff said:
city-of-cardiff said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFN5n-MF_dA
what a great man he was rip, i had the pleasure once of speaking to him briefly on the telephone (which i will treasure).i was painting at craig bellamys parents house one summer afternoon alone, the phone goes..hello is craig there please, no i say hes in town buying a jumper, (thinking to myself, i know that voice) i .realy need to get hold of him asap,i have tried his mobile but hes changed the number by the look of it, in anycase its not working..do you think you can get hold of him and pass a message on to him?, i will try i say casualy, could you tell him he has to board a plane to america for surgery asap! ..who shall i say called, i say..could you tell him bobby robson called..and could you ask him to give me a ring (well i nearly fell over) oh yes mr robson no problem i mutter thank you goodbye. he had such a pleasant telephone manner god bless him.

Nice story mate. Top football man and even more important a top human being.

Famous deaths like this rarely move me but watching the tributes on the news did bring tears to my eyes. What a man.

One of the few sportsmen deserving of a knighthood.

R.I.P & sincere condolances to Elsie and the rest of his family.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.