Bobby Robson loses battle with cancer

R.I.P Bobby!

My thoughts go to your family and everyone else connected to you. Dont know much about him since he had lots of his football career before i was born but seemed a very nice man when i see him on the news or anything.

Lewis

I've posted this story a few times, but it's worth posting again here.

I was coming home from town listening to Talk Sport a few years back and listeners were calling in with funny stories. This one chap, called David, had been to a book signing by Bobby Robson and waited patiently in line, while Sir Bobby was signing books and talking to those in front of him. When he got to the front, Sir Bobby asked him his name and, to make small talk, David said "So, how many of these books have you signed today?" and Sir Bobby replied with "ooooh, hundreds."

10 minutes later, he looked at what Sir Bobby had written in his book, when he was outside the shop. The inside page read: "To David, Best wishes, Bobby Hundreds."

Football has lost a true gentleman.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.