Bodie RIP

manimanc said:
I used to have the grey ford capri corgi replica car when i was a kid....

Used to own a gold 3 litre S Capri,always wanted one after watching The Proffesionals and have been looking lately for a white RS 2000 as a restoration project

manimanc said:
I used to have the grey ford capri corgi replica car when i was a kid....
I used to have that car as well . I used to collect those replica corgi and match box cars . Those were the days before I started supporting City .

If you walked into any school playground in the late 70s early 80s you could pretty much guarantee that there would be a dozen kids doing barrel rolls and diving for cover behind those big metal bins while the theme tune played in their minds.

Re: Bodie

jimharri said:
FantasyIreland said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
As a kid I loved the film "Who Dares Wins" that he played the lead role in.

RIP.

That film,along with the 1981 incident on which it was (very) loosely based,helped bring the regiment to the publics attention and subsequently propel them to the almost mythical heights they now occupy.
If I remember correctly (getting old is a fucker!), he was very unhappy with the way the film turned out and apologised to the regiment. I thought it wasn't too bad a film. The bit where they blow their way through the party wall to rescue Skellern's wife (MILF!) and child is well done.
The woman who was holding her as a hostage was played by Igrid Pitt of "Where Eagles Dare" and "Countess Dracula" fame, who was an even bigger MILF imo.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
jimharri said:
FantasyIreland said:
That film,along with the 1981 incident on which it was (very) loosely based,helped bring the regiment to the publics attention and subsequently propel them to the almost mythical heights they now occupy.
If I remember correctly (getting old is a fucker!), he was very unhappy with the way the film turned out and apologised to the regiment. I thought it wasn't too bad a film. The bit where they blow their way through the party wall to rescue Skellern's wife (MILF!) and child is well done.
The woman who was holding her as a hostage was played by Igrid Pitt of "Where Eagles Dare" and "Countess Dracula" fame, who was an even bigger MILF imo.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUDe6saJFmM[/youtube]

Fond memories of being allowed to stay up past 9 at night on a school night to watch the Professionals.

RIP fella.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.