Boiled Eggs

stony said:
Now I'm not a total twat in the kitchen, in fact I do all the cooking at home.
Casseroles, Cottage Pie, Spag Bol, Lasagne, roast dinners, Curry(yuck), Chilli, Fajitas . I can cook more or less anything. All homemade with fresh ingredients, nothing from a tin.

Apart from boiled eggs, I don't know why I even try because they always turn out undercooked/overcooked or burst in the pan.
I've been onto Delia's website and countless others but even if I follow their instructions to the letter, I still fuck it up.

Fucking egg bastards!

Easy, some of us are good eggs:)

Nixon_The_Bike_Thief said:
masterwig said:
Sorry, why the hell would you put salt in the water?

You don't eat the shell.

Alters the boiling point of the water, same as throwing salt on Ice lowers the freezing point

According to the internet the amount of salt required to make more than a negligable difference is so vast as to render putting some salt in the pan worthless.

As soon as any of the salt dissolves in the water, the boiling point of the water will begin to rise -- by about one half degree Celsius for every 58 grams of salt dissolved per kilogram of water.

masterwig said:
Sorry, why the hell would you put salt in the water?

You don't eat the shell.

Note: Do not add salt to water. The salt will raise the boiling point of the water making the egg whites rubbery

masterwig said:
According to the internet the amount of salt required to make more than a negligable difference is so vast as to render putting some salt in the pan worthless.

As soon as any of the salt dissolves in the water, the boiling point of the water will begin to rise -- by about one half degree Celsius for every 58 grams of salt dissolved per kilogram of water.

I cook my eggs in the bath and use four sacks of salt per egg though ;o)

(I dont have them often though)

I always like mine as the nice hard white and a soft yolk, yet I always end up with hard as fuck twats that could smash windows.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.