Bojinov - I want to stay, but i need to play

AlexWilliamsGloves

Team supported
MCFC / Ulster Rugby
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/default.sps?pageid=115&pagegid=%7bDBD12D53-8346-431D-A04F-5D0F8664DE80%7d&newsid=6634173" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/default.sps?pagei ... id=6634173</a>

Fans' favourite Valeri Bojinov insists that he wants to stay at the City of Manchester Stadium - but he will seek a meeting with Mark Hughes to discover where he stands in the manager's pecking order next season.

Bulgaria striker Boji recovered from an injury-ravaged season to score at Tottenham in the final away match of the Premier League campaign before leading the attack in the World Cup qualifier against Republic of Ireland.

But the former Fiorentina prospect signed by Sven Goran Eriksson sees daily mounting speculation that Hughes is in the market for more than one quality goalscorer whose arrival would threaten Bojinov's chance of playing.

Boji said: "I enjoy being here, and I'm very happy with City because they stood by me through injury. I would like to stay, and if I can I will, but you can't guarantee you will play and next season is very important for me."

He has been linked with an eventual return to Serie A, and he added: "As they say, anything is possible. I don't think any player stays at one club forever. I respect the team but I have questions I will have to ask the gaffer."

The powerful 23-year-old striker, who ruptured his achilles warming up for the opening match at Aston Villa, is desperate to put last season behind him - and keen to repay Blues fans for their unwavering support.

He said: "That was a big injury, but I'm better now. You want to play more games but that depends on the boss. I played 11 games and I enjoyed them, but I need to stay clear of injury, and I need a very good pre-season.

"Getting the goal at Tottenham was important to me. It was very difficult not to be training and not to be with the team. Every striker loves to score, so I was happy with the goal but not the result. I thought I'd get the winner."

I love the Boj...would love him to stay, i reckon he could be awesome next season

I think Boj should stay and he needs to prove his fitness and that he is capable of being a regular!!!!

I know Youtube can make anyone look good but he really does know how to hit a ball. Never seen anyone hit half volley's on the turn as well as him.

I hope he does get a good chance but I think sadly the injuries have meant he's missed his chance.

fair enough i guess, he's been out that long, he doesnt wanna come back and still be on the sidelines. he deserves his chance, he is a very good player indeed.

was literally just about to post this article, but thought i'd check again that no-one else had. thank fcuk i did - i left my tin hat at home today.

really hope the lad stays, if for no other reason, we have stuck with him for 2 seasons with sweet eff all football in return from him. he should at least have a go, and not jump ship because he may not fall straight into the team...

The InvisiBLUE Man said:
was literally just about to post this article, but thought i'd check again that no-one else had. thank fcuk i did - i left my tin hat at home today.

really hope the lad stays, if for no other reason, we have stuck with him for 2 seasons with sweet eff all football in return from him. he should at least have a go, and not jump ship because he may not fall straight into the team...

This

The InvisiBLUE Man said:

Agree, I really like him but he needs to stay fit but be willing to fight for his place just like the rest of them, Especially as Hughes is looking to build a squad with depth and flexibility

It'll need a bit of give and take from both sides. Hughes needs to give Boj an extended run to prove himself and Boj mustn't put Hughes under pressure to play him (which means stop talking to the media, even if it is only MCFC media).

I can't blame if he goes. He's starting place is anything but guaranteed next season. And he's still young and could make a name for himself. If we do buy Tevez and a targetman, do you think that even if Bojinov would play well enough Hughes would sit Tevez or "targetman/RSC/Eto". Being a sub player at this point in his career would be disastrous.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.