Bolton (sold to Football Ventures)

Just some of the gems off twitter - Bill I Am gets a special mention for his genius idea - a rag maybe but on this topic I like the cut of his antipodean jib

Ciarán Stafford

This is one of more ****ish things I’ve seen in recent times. Fuck Jim White and fuck Sky Sports.

Jack Lebeau

@JackLebeau66

·
4h

Sky should be ashamed of themselves. Behind Jim White is a huge countdown to the death of a combined 250 years of history. This isn’t transfer deadline day FFS. Minutes later they are discussing Alexis Sanchez’s £500k p/w wages. Modern football is disgraceful!

@apnelhams3

·
4h

Because the word “deadline” is thrown up, Sky Sports News have actually got Jim White in and a countdown to the death of 2 traditional English football clubs, 1 of which was a founding member of the football league, the very thing that has made Sky billions. Disgraceful.

Lucy Weir

@LucyWeirSR

·
5h

Jim White: ‘Bolton have made a poor start to league one’ how about praising our fucking kids who’ve gone out and grafted their arses off every week you prick when we’re an hour off going bust.

@jake_lcfc

·
2h

Well,
@SkySportsNews
have yet again shown that they’re a cretinous organisation, treating the #BWFC and #BuryFC situations like transfer deadline day. Yellow graphics and Jim White galore. The absolute pit of ‘journalism’

Bill.I.Am

@sidneymufc

·
2h

Get Jim White to charge people a quid to kick him in the bollocks. They'll be able to buy Messi in January.

https://twitter.com/LucyWeirSR
Typical of Sky, absolute disgrace, but what do you expect from Murdoch.

Just watching the debate on Sky where they said that wages amount to 99% of turnover for division 1 and 2 clubs, that's utterly ridiculous. There's more Bolton and Burys to come.

Just watching the debate on Sky where they said that wages amount to 99% of turnover for division 1 and 2 clubs, that's utterly ridiculous. There's more Bolton and Burys to come.
Yip,that was taken from a couple of seasons back they reckon it’s around 110% now absolute madness...

Probably harsh and I sincerely hope they both survive but honestly, would anyone seriously invest in either Bolton or Bury given the level of debt both currently have to save them? Businesses go into administration all the time and football clubs are not immune. Yes, there should be a more even distribution on TV revenue and money should flow down to these clubs in a fairer way but both have been shockingly run, especially Bolton, who have been looking for buyers and investors for years. Each time a proposed buyer has come forward the deal has fallen through - which says everything. Still, fingers crossed they both survive.

I have exactly the same level of empathy Bolton showed us in our darkest hours.
So that is "Fuck them as far as I am concerned".
Hard to find a worse run business in any field.
No time for the former chairman who mocked us as a "smaller club than them" but have no issues with their fans, unlike those at Stockport.

Wait what? they had a countdown to this. That seems a bit uncouth. Then again it is sky sports news, i would be the idiot here if i expected a more respectful approach.

No time for the former chairman who mocked us as a "smaller club than them" but have no issues with their fans, unlike those at Stockport.
If this is a serious post I think you should be ashamed of yourself. We are talking about over a hundred years of history and what that means to fans, the towns etc- and all you can talk about is petty npeople sense trying to equate City having a crap period with the potential DEATH of a famous 2 clubs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.