Book recommendations

wattle

Does anyone have any book recommendations where they thought ‘wow that was really good’ I’m going through an anxiety disorder atm so I’m trying to lay off the phone/internet for a while, so could do with something really good to read. I’m not being lazy - it’s just my brain won’t cope with trawling through reviews on the net, and I trust my fellow city followers on here to sort me out ;)) Anything will do. I usually read sports books or Stephen King, but am up for something new, especially if it’s uplifting or talks about mindfulness. Thank you :)

Matt Haig books sound like they'd do your mind some good mate. I always read one of his when my heads fucked and I want to see the good in the world.

You might enjoy 'The Humans'. Or try 'The Midnight Library'.

I find John Niven books excellent. All fiction but he understands our generation very well.

No Good Deed was great. It’s about two childhood friends meeting again after 25 years. One successful and one less so.

If you like Sci-Fi and world building, perhaps you'd like the Heliconia trilogy by Brian W. Aldiss. I'm currently reading the trilogy for the 3rd time and am enjoying it immensely. It's the best series of books I've read, by far, in the past decade.

Does anyone have any book recommendations where they thought ‘wow that was really good’ I’m going through an anxiety disorder atm so I’m trying to lay off the phone/internet for a while, so could do with something really good to read. I’m not being lazy - it’s just my brain won’t cope with trawling through reviews on the net, and I trust my fellow city followers on here to sort me out ;)) Anything will do. I usually read sports books or Stephen King, but am up for something new, especially if it’s uplifting or talks about mindfulness. Thank you :)
Have you tried King's son, Joe Hill? Only read a couple myself so far but quite enjoyed them. Some of Chuck Wendig's books might also fit the bill especially The Book of Accidents.

There is a reading thread with loads of reviews and recommendations in it. Just tagged you in it

Some good crime thriller series for you to immerse yourself in - Cormoran Strike novels by Robert Galbraith (JK Rowling), Hawthorne series of novels by Anthony Horowitz.

The Legend of Bagger Vance would seem to tick those particular boxes. I love the book and the subsequent film.

If you want a gripping read, I find you can’t go wrong with John Le Carré. I wouldn’t describe his books as uplifting though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.