Boring, boring City?

kunaguero10

Have City become boring?

Firstly, this is not a dig at the club, or a knee-jerk reaction to the events of deadline or the loss to Stoke or whatever.

Micah Richards was the last of the entertainers (off the pitch) to leave, the others being Lescott and de Jong, while the likes of Balotelli and Tevez failed the 'no dickhead' policy and were moved on, and the team improved as a result. City should be admired for the way they have transformed the image and reputation of the club in recent years, and have produced solid foundations for us to become a top club for the foreseeable.

However, is there a bit of personality missing? On the pitch last season it was brilliant, no complaints, but off it there are very few headlines (a good thing by and large), no big name superstars being brought in (I mean marquee, Aguero type signings), City TV is becoming more and more censored, and the players don't even put any thought into the (many) goal celebrations anymore. You could also argue that removing level 2 flags is part of this, and it appears the personality of the club will become even more sanitised when the CFA is ready, and training takes place in full privacy from the press (again, not a bad thing).

My point is, does anyone wish things were a bit more entertaining or unpredictable off the pitch, and more players grabbing headlines in the tabloids for whatever reason? Was anyone else hoping for some proper deadline day drama yesterday when it was obvious Falcao wasn't coming? Or is the silence and lack of drama a sign of a well-run club? I think it definitely shows that the Khaldoon/Soriano/Txiki have a tight control over things, but would a bit more personality help attract the next generation of fans (kids love the mad Mario type characters after all)?

Ah this old chestnut. Personally I liked the 'dickheads', the sense of wondering whether it was going to be mad, bad or glorious or possibly all three within 90 minutes. It's much more restful now but definitely light on personality and the guys who run City TV must sob quietly as they try and squeeze something remotely interesting for us to watch. Others will disagree and prefer it as it is now. It's largely a matter of personal taste.

Tiki-taki to good for you? You need Steve McManaman.

Is your backline too controlled, regulated, and most-always reliable? Murthaz Shelia is knocking around.

Off the field are things too well run? Franny Lee is in attendance, give him a yell.

Smart looking, history induced and global branded kits I hear you say? Let Kappa have a play around.

Reasonable family quality half time entertainment, a bucket load of pre-match options, too many kiosks and drinks areas? Karaoke at Old Trafford Swamp anyone...?

Safe hands in net? Eike Immel is needed.

Upfront options of world class and at an age where there is more potential? Call up Jon Macken for reliability.

The chant was meant in irony and banter at those who labeled us. I think we need to relcaim it and mean it. "Boring boring City. Boring boring City. Boring boring City. Boring boring City. Boring boring City. Boring boring City. Boring boring City. Boring boring City. Boring boring City. Boring boring City. Boring boring City. Boring boring City. Boring boring City. Boring boring City. Boring boring City. Boring boring City. Boring boring City. Boring boring City. Boring boring City. Boring boring City. Boring boring City. Boring boring City. Boring boring City. Boring boring City. Boring boring City. Boring boring City. Boring boring City. Boring boring City. Boring boring City. Boring boring City. Boring boring City. Boring boring City. Boring boring City. Boring boring City. Boring boring City. Boring boring City. Boring boring City. Boring boring City. Boring boring City. Boring boring City. Boring boring City. Boring boring City. Boring boring City. Boring boring City. Boring boring City. Boring boring City. Boring boring City. Boring boring City. Boring boring City. Boring boring City. Boring boring City. Boring boring City. Boring boring City. Boring boring City. Boring boring City. Boring boring City. Boring boring City. Boring boring City. Boring boring City. Boring boring City. Boring boring City. Boring boring City. Boring boring City. Boring boring City. Boring boring City. Boring boring City. Boring boring City. Boring boring City. Boring boring City. Boring boring City. Boring boring City. Boring boring City. Boring boring City. Boring boring City. Boring boring City. Boring boring City. Boring boring City. Boring boring City. Boring boring City."

Are you bored?

I do miss Mario et al, but the performances (on the pitch) more than make up for all that.
I'm much happier as we are.

Each time I see the words at the start of a thread 'this isn't a dig,but.....' then I know that's exactly what it is..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.