Boring, boring City?

computing.gif

Yes. We have purposely become boring. If boring is the right word.

We do not engage with the media, we give very little away in press conferences and interviews, we didn't even let a member of the press come away in tour with us.

We don't want to be that big mouth'd, noisy neighbour anymore. That's why I reckon Yaya would have been in Txiki's office over the Summer having a telling off over his open outburst. It's why we didn't cave in to his big contract demand. We don't want our name out there for the wrong reasons and don't want to appear weak anymore. Five years ago, Yaya's tantrum would have landed him a huge new deal. Like Tévez when we offered him huge wages, the captaincy, sold players he didn't like and told him he could have time off...we aren't that club anymore.

As funny as the "WELCOME TO MANCHESTER" billboard was when we signed Tévez, we won't be seeing anything like that at this club anymore. There won't be any thumping of tables in press conferences or interviews with us shouting about "we're going to become the biggest club in the world".

So yes, we are boring. Or let's get that word right; we've got more class, we're cooler, we're smoother than all that.

apologies if scoring twice in injury time to win the league for the 1st time in 44 years (on goal difference) and then two years later to drag it out of the fire with barely a handful of games to go and pip a north-west rival at the finishing post has been a bit boring!

i love evidently love boredom.

sarcasm aside, City have a history of 'likely lads' in the squad, drinkers, pranksters etc but a top club who will win europe's top prizes needs to be run by people who simply wont stand for it. Take it or leave it.

I like us to be boring but I would call it being a very well run club with high morals and principles and professional . I like the fact we are a family club, I wouldnt want City to have players with the morals of say players who sleep with ladys of the night when his wife is pregnant or players who sleep with ex players ex girlfriends behind his wifes back. I want players to represent my club and my city in a good light.

Boring bring it on !!!!*

Mind you we did have yaya and the cake lol

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2747617/Joe-Hart-goes-nuts-England-duty-flicking-snacks-Basle-hotel-balcony-cheeky-game.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... -game.html</a>

The boring philosophy is integrated well that the most exciting thing a manchester city player can do is throwing nuts around.

The long hours spent cooped up in hotels has long been a chief moan for players on England duty, and it looks like Joe Hart has been sent nuts.
The Three Lions goalkeeper was spotted hanging around on his hotel balcony in Basle on Sunday night, looking a little bored.
But the Manchester City keeper soon found a way to amuse himself - flicking what looked like nuts at unknown targets below.
VIDEO Scroll down for Joe Hart having a giggle with team-mates during England training
Sight seeing: Joe Hart was pictured looking out over Basle from his hotel balcony on Sunday
Something to chew over: The England goalkeeper was spotted tucking into a small snack
Cheeky: But the Manchester City star was then pictured flicking the snacks off the balcony
Cheeky: But the Manchester City star was then pictured flicking the snacks off the balcony
England take on Switzerland at St-Jakob Park on Monday night in their opening qualifying match for Euro 2016.
And while the clock ticked down towards the big day, Hart, 27, was pictured tucking into a few of the snacks on his balcony.
Joe Hart having a giggle with team-mates during England training
Heads up: Hart was also seen dropping what looked like a nut onto an unknown target below
Nice flick: Hart looked to be fully concentrating on his game ahead of England's Euro 2016 qualifying clash
Soon, however, the cheeky keeper moved on to flicking the food in several different directions.
His face was a picture of concentration and the technique of his distribution looked spot on.
Let's hope that is also the case against Switzerland in what could be the toughest task Roy Hodgson's men face on the road to Euro 2016.

Personally, I find the Richards/Lescott/Chapman-style #bantersquad totally tedious. Glad it's been broken up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.