Boris Johnson admitted to hospital - now discharged

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I can say that it's fairly well known in here that I'm not a fan of the man's politics, or his performance during this pandemic, or the man himself come to think of it. With that said I hope he makes a full recovery for two reasons. One, everyone who gets this bastard disease deserves to pull through and two, hopeless as he is, this government revolves around him, he's a populist dilettante who's surrounded himself with yes men, bound together not by ability but loyalty to him, and sad as it is, he's the best of the lot, not because he's more capable, but because he's not constrained in his actions by his ideology, his narcissism, perversely, makes him more flexible in his actions than if he were a Tory diehard.

I wish him a speedy recovery.

It is being reported that a Malayan Tiger has tested positive for Covid-19 at the Bronx Zoo in New York. Several other big cats including Lions and Panthers are also ill and appear to have caught the disease from a keeper who is ill with COVID-19.
Lets hope transmission is one way or the whole self-isolation system throughout the world maybe at risk from domestic felines.

Last edited:
Scotland's chief medical officer, Dr Catherine Calderwood, has resigned after being criticised for not adhering to social distancing advice by visiting her second home.

I think I can say that it's fairly well known in here that I'm not a fan of the man's politics, or his performance during this pandemic, or the man himself come to think of it. With that said I hope he makes a full recovery for two reasons. One, everyone who gets this bastard disease deserves to pull through and two, hopeless as he is, this government revolves around him, he's a populist dilettante who's surrounded himself with yes men, bound together not by ability but loyalty to him, and sad as it is, he's the best of the lot, not because he's more capable, but because he's not constrained in his actions by his ideology, his narcissism, perversely, makes him more flexible in his actions than if he were a Tory diehard.

I wish him a speedy recovery.

Ditto and agree with the sentiment in that post. I’d also say his narcissism is constrained to certain things too. He doesn’t believe he has every answer, in fact I think he knows he doesn’t have any answers, which is why he has Cummings to do that for him. That’s fine, I wish more politicians would. What he does have is the ability to engage with a lot of the electorate (and the ones that don’t tend to be savvy enough to not need him to) and that is the most important thing for any one in a position of authority we’ve got right now - the public have to follow what they are being told.

Have locked this thread for a while. Give some on here a chance to step back and draw breath. We don't need the petty squabbling that is going on at the moment.
Well said mate. Some of the stuff from people on both sides of the political spectrum is unnecessary. Same goes for the main Coronavirus thread too. Please keep it civil, or you’ll be removed from the thread. Ta.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.