Boro Post Match thread

Correct but misleading stat which makes it appear we have no fight. How about WBA away a few years back - Milner sent off in the 1st half, we go 1-0 down in 2nd half but win 2-1 with a last minute Dzeko goal having played an hour with 10 men.
Come on mate we all know you cant let facts get in the way of a good reason for the gutter press to slag us off ;)

Not for the first time this season we were off the pace for a long time and looked like doing nothing, it appears we need to concede before we wake up and start playing.

Against United we were on it from the first whistle albeit only getting a point from the match because they defended like their lives depended on it, had we gone into every game with that mentality we'd be up there fighting for the title now.

Did he really build teams at Barca/Bayern though? Pretty sure it was all set up for him. I've seen nothing this season to suggest he was worth the wait .

Totally underwhelmed.

Yes. He has. If you would know German I would send you into the official German Bayern Forum and let you see how much we miss his tactics, his strategies, the way he develops players etc. We know have a old lad who does not play the players to their strenghts, does not change his tactics, the players passing etc. got worse, the young players even if they were already established before do not get playing time - instead we have the oldest team on the pitch we ever had and a motionless coach that chews chewing gum on the sidelines. The geriatrics in the team are allowed to play no matter how good they still are... We are talking about a team that last season had various tactics on board and could switch from one to the other in seconds...

In the first year he still tried to get us to play more Barcelona than Bayern - but the more he got to know our players the more he adapted to their strengths. There is only two things I would really critisize him for - his away tactics in which he "castrated" the offense for ball control and that always backfired (we had the away matches always first) - and that he sometimes wanted it to perfect at times when it was not necessary.

Second half was enjoyable.

I'm just looking forward to having a decent keeper and full/wing backs next season.

If you dont remember the first one, it's hard to think you were watching the game. He barged KDB over like it was a bar-room brawl. Also, Downing's handball was a stone dead penalty.

No it wasn't and that just confirms your complete bias and lack of any rationality when discussing a city game

Most positive thing to come out of this game IMO was the Aguero-Gabriel combination. Looked very exciting. Full of promise when you think it's the first time they've really played together. Their movement around each other was in the main quite fluid.

Nice link-ups in general play. Should have resulted in an early Gabriel goal, did result in the late equaliser.

Hoping like hell Sergio's injury isn't serious but it didn't look particularly good. He seemed in major discomfort coming off the field.

many felt during Derby that Sane should be rested - check the match thread . He was .,,but perhaps a little too soon - get the goal First and then take him off if not performing as well as he should ?

Defence ball watching for 2 goals today . Man mark and risk is virtually nullified .

Players can be Knackered after Derby. Many on here have said as much

Missing key player like Silva is problematic - put Garcia in. But he didn't perform as well as we would like and Pep needs to make sure the lad doesn't take any blame onto himself . Can lose confidence.

Silva at 31 is staying - minimum 2 years ? Who else can you get as an advanced playmaker . Possibly our player of year ?? Consistent .

Changes formation yet again with the 3 at back - repercussions . No settled side . Players are creatures of habit .

Has to get some settled team only Sane, Silva, GJ , Aguero ,Stones and Our beloved Bravo are guaranteed a game every week . Bravo will improve but need another. He may stick with the current 2 goalkeepers next season. love him to go for Costa Rican -K Navas ( Real Madrid) who would definitely be unhappy at Real If they replace him with De Gea . Joe Hart anyone ?

Kompany if fit plays every 2nd game for sure . He will probably keep Ottomendi I think . Hope we get more defenders - Cb, RB, LB needed .

Midfield is another problem .
Kimmich to come in ? box to box defensive midfielder - gets odd goal as well and he's also central defender - pep's type of utility player . Only 22 .

Certainly 1-2 midfielders needed

Messi ? To come in as a Forward -am
I'm Dreaming ? Sanchez too?

Amazing we lost only 6 games when we won League in 2014 . Lost only 6 games so far this season . We are at 66 points and 4 to play . We only got 66 points total last season yet finished 4th!
If we had less draws more wins especially at home this season we would be in with a shout of title. More Goals needed too . There needs to be some fine tuning IMO.

Rest for a big game next week Get ahead of rivals hopefully
He had to change it 100% but for mer we need fullbacks playing in natural positions, 442 all day long with 2 strikers & has to keep playing Sterling & Sane.

If no Silva we are struggling & to leave Yaya out or was he injured not sure but those 2 are our ball machines KDB isn't the answer to run the show simply hides to much or gives it away.

Midfield 2 should have been Yaya & Nando

Sagna & Clichy at full backs & Otemendi & Kolarov in the middle.

Resting yesterday should have been Vinny-KDB-Dino

And you GK problem Kpe Hart not a chance, I've seen him many times this year & his distribution is 3 out of 10, saving not bad but mistakes far to many.

Compared to Bravo then put them both together we may have a keeper showstopper with great feet.

Yes. He has. If you would know German I would send you into the official German Bayern Forum and let you see how much we miss his tactics, his strategies, the way he develops players etc. We know have a old lad who does not play the players to their strenghts, does not change his tactics, the players passing etc. got worse, the young players even if they were already established before do not get playing time - instead we have the oldest team on the pitch we ever had and a motionless coach that chews chewing gum on the sidelines. The geriatrics in the team are allowed to play no matter how good they still are... We are talking about a team that last season had various tactics on board and could switch from one to the other in seconds...

In the first year he still tried to get us to play more Barcelona than Bayern - but the more he got to know our players the more he adapted to their strengths. There is only two things I would really critisize him for - his away tactics in which he "castrated" the offense for ball control and that always backfired (we had the away matches always first) - and that he sometimes wanted it to perfect at times when it was not necessary.

I didn't realise Pellegrini had moved to Bayern.

Why are people so convinced it will be different next year when Pep brings in his own players ?

A decent manager can make the team greater than the sum of its parts

How's about trying to get the best out of the players he has?
Because surely, he would have to compromise his style this season to do that. So you advocate we dont start his style till next season whereby the whole team(whoever that might be), has to land running. No- for me he is right to stick with his principles this season to give us a good start for next. We should still make chumps league doing it this way, so no real damage done imo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.