Boro Post Match thread

Pep is a sensitive sort of guy - not the usual hard-faced cliche ridden manager. He's an unusual type. We've hired him because those in the game know he's special. We all have opinions but if any of us on this forum were capable of organising a team and implementing tactics we wouldn't be sat here angrily knocking out messages on our keyboards and working in fish and chip shops (a worthwhile job if you ask me).

He can be what he wants, unfortunately for him he is in a hard nosed little sympathy sport and business. He isn't that sensitive to not make hard decisions concerning players futures and he wouldn't have survived so long at the top level if he was. I don't think any of us profess to be a top football manager but we may know a crap keeper when we see one and not spend 17 million on him. Knocking out messages on a keyboard is what people normally do on a football forum and neither do I know many on here who work in fish and chip shops, but I may get battered if I am proved wrong on that one. I am not quite sure how a post match Boro thread turned into a Pep one but perhaps it should continue in another plaice.

It's not that simple mate.

You don't come close to winning the title if your players aren't good enough.

We've got the worst set of defenders in the top 7, with full backs who wouldn't get a game for Bournemouth. If you're in that situation you won't win the league even if you play the same team every week without getting a single injury.

You'll come to understand all this over the next couple of years when we're top of the league playing with players Pep brought in, who aren't mostly in their 30's.

For what it's worth and even with having half a team which is of the standard, we've just recorded the best away record in the entire history of the club. It's actually only the home draws which have stopped us challenging and those are nothing to do with the changes. A combination of poor refereeing, poor finishing and individual mistakes at the back have cost us there.

Regardless of our issue with aging full backs, & shit gokeepers Pep picked the wrong formation & wrong starting 11... Against Middlesborough to play a left back (Clichy) who is very limited going forward is mind-boggling.... We were playing Middlesborough not Spurs or Chelsea.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.