Borussia Dortmund (A) - CL QF | Pre-Match Thread

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
for me the city players its time to stand up and be counted in europe. the truth is and no disrespect to dortmund and their players. but winning the champions league is another couple of levels above them this season

this is what manchester city have to learn that when you face a team home or away in europe. if they are not seen as possible winners you have to hurt them and show them who's boss ? respect them yes. but when you cross the line you have to hurt them and make them feel 2nd best

what i have seen over the last 5 seasons and in the home leg we shown them far to much respect and in a way fear them ? yes they have good players but so do we let them fear us. i know what city biggest problem is and what other champions league winners have (match winners) we only have one in KDB but you need 3 or 4 for different type of teams you have to face in europe

but the main problem for city and pep is champions league winners have match winning strikers that score that goal in tight games. somebody you can count on not fluffing the chance when it comes to you. would you put your house or lifesaving on sterling or jesus scoring that golden chances when it comes ? that's what is needed in the champions league

looking back we could never keep aguero fit enough for them big champions league nights. because the premier league season and cups would take its toll. aguero was always carrying injuries when the knockouts started and was done for the season

if there was one player you could have to score that goal it would be a fully fit aguero. but he has had to carry city on his own for many years. this was a puzzle when we signed pep that he did not get another world class striker in

any way enough of my rants

good luck tomorrow lads and if you give us your best and 100% nobody can question you
win or lose and go home just give it your best and if its not good enough then ok we go again next season

Sporting Life tipping a City win and under 4 goals, they are usually pretty good therefore I'm clinging to it to stop me worrying.

I’ve just got a bad feeling about tomorrow. Really hope I’m wrong and shouldn’t doubt this team for what they’ve done this season but we don’t seem to have things go our way in this comp

@MAG did a great job of running down the tie outcomes based on scores for home and away goals, thanks for your great pregame intro's.
For me the magic number is scoring 2 goals. No chance of dodgy pens and they would have to score 4 to go through.

I’ve just got a bad feeling about tomorrow. Really hope I’m wrong and shouldn’t doubt this team for what they’ve done this season but we don’t seem to have things go our way in this comp
We just don't finish our chances and seem to shit ourselves in this comp for some reason, I am confident though tomorrow.

Sergio not travelling, using his free time playing GTA live on TWITCH for those interested

Why are we not going with Delap as fall back strike option? Atleast should be part of travelling party
I know he's not registered but we could have registered Delap after the group matches and before the knock out stage.
We could have swapped him for Carson. Hindsight is great but I see Carson is not in the travelling squad.
The last time when we were short on keepers Carson was injured as well and Trafford was brought in as back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.