Borussia Dortmund (A) - CL QF | Pre-Match Thread

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Think Stones doing 90 on Saturday means if Laporte is totally fit he will probably get the nod. Equally if he isn't then it'll be Stones/Dias.

Raz/Jesus is pretty much a coin toss for me.

I'm definitely interested in seeing Zinchenko at left back tonight. His performance against Chelsea earlier this season is probably the benchmark for me in terms of when he's at his best what he can provide even in big games. Tonight certainly is one of those.

Overall I think the good thing is that all these permutations are teams/formations we've used loads this season.
I'd say you've identified the problem area - ie Dias and Cancelo trying and failing to bring out of defence on that left hand side, but I've a feeling Pep will work with the same team. I did wonder if Laporte might get the nod for that exact reason, but I doubt it. I don't think Raz or Gabby will start ether.

How has he not rolled this into the middle of the box?? It’s the kind of decision making our front line falls foul of at times.

This was very very poor decision making. Could've easily squared it to the middle guy.

right, really interestingly poised. I can only imagine Dortmund's tactic is to play like they know how - attack and attack from the off. They'll be thinking that any early goal for them will completely shit us up and force us to attack. It's whether they go through with that, i think they will?

therefore do we sit and absorb for 20 mins and wait for the appropriate counters to naturally develop or do we counter that by attacking from the off? an early goal for us would ruin them.

tactically, this is a really tough match, but i think favouring shape and discipline over attacking flair would be my option. Bernardo, Walker and zinchenko to play.

Despite being in the comfort of home, I can't work. Whenever I start my head starts going into what if mode regarding tonight and Saturday. And then you read things like these bratwurst eating twats doing a Scouse trick. Little things putting that extra element of doubt in the mix. I wish it was a 5pm kick off. The best part of 10 more bleeding hours of this.

I'd say you've identified the problem area - ie Dias and Cancelo trying and failing to bring out of defence on that left hand side, but I've a feeling Pep will work with the same team. I did wonder if Laporte might get the nod for that exact reason, but I doubt it. I don't think Raz or Gabby will start ether.
I haven't looked but I'm pretty sure that even though Laporte has had lots of game time recently when it comes to the biggest games he picks Stones.

I also think he loves Jesus in away CL games. Jesus biggest issue is when we're at home against packed defences. I think he'll fancy him with a bit of space and pressing high.

I think he'll go:

Ederson
Cancelo
Dias
Stones
Zinchenko
Rodri
Gundo
De Bruyne
Mahrez
Foden
Jesus

A real shocker could be Raz in for Mahrez.

Nerves are definitely jangling this morning. Still looking forward to it.

Selection wise, I've got a sneaky that Bernardo and Cancelo may miss out - which would make the team: Ederson, Walker, Dias, Laporte, Zin, Rodri, Gundo, KDB, Mahrez, Foden, Sterling (or Jesus).

An early City goal would certainly calm some nerves!

Don't think you can play Laporte. He seems to fall apart in these big CL games. Errors in all of the recent exits.

Stones and Dias are a must IMO.

Aguero and silva are our legends but in fact it is because of them we haven't won Cl till this date. Being our most important players for years they have to take the blame. Silva so many times used to frustrate me by passing the ball even when he had a better opportunity shooting. Yes they get credit for winning the league.
I completely agree that our CL nighmares is because we were not clinical enough to finish that one big chance that really mattered.
sadly the problem still persist in our team. May be de bruyne should step up scorong goals not just making them.

the lack of goals (strikers) in this team is a killer in europe. KDB should not be use to score the goals but make them
at the end of the day its your strikers that win big games and silverware

sterling and Jesus miss so many chances its scary what a couple of world class strikers would add to this squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.