Borussia Dortmund (A) - CL QF | Pre-Match Thread

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC Pep said he wasn't happy with the pressing first leg so I wonder if he will bring out the 4-2-4 we have played occasionally this season with Kevin and Jesus as the 'strikers'.

In a one off game I would be happy with it but the fact we are already ahead makes you doubt if it's worth going so attacking!

I know one thing, there is going to be a meltdown of some level on here upon team announcement!

You’re going to leave us on a cliff hanger like that!?? Go back to sleep and play the 2nd half!

Imagine how I felt!!

I forgot to add that before the goal I'd had a massive barny with Zinchenko for playing a hopeless cross field diagonal pass when I was in so much free space in front of him

the lack of goals (strikers) in this team is a killer in europe. KDB should not be use to score the goals but make them
at the end of the day its your strikers that win big games and silverware

sterling and Jesus miss so many chances its scary what a couple of world class strikers would add to this squad

We’ve hardly played with a striker all season and look at how well we’re doing.

I haven't looked but I'm pretty sure that even though Laporte has had lots of game time recently when it comes to the biggest games he picks Stones.

I also think he loves Jesus in away CL games. Jesus biggest issue is when we're at home against packed defences. I think he'll fancy him with a bit of space and pressing high.

I think he'll go:

Ederson
Cancelo
Dias
Stones
Zinchenko
Rodri
Gundo
De Bruyne
Mahrez
Foden
Jesus

A real shocker could be Raz in for Mahrez.
I agree with all of your points except one: I don't think he will leave Walker out for this game because of his recovery pace and ability to break up fast breaks. I think it leaves him with a left back conundrum: Cancelo on his wrong side and not playing well v Zinchenko. I think Cancelo just shades it for him.

I haven't looked but I'm pretty sure that even though Laporte has had lots of game time recently when it comes to the biggest games he picks Stones.

I also think he loves Jesus in away CL games. Jesus biggest issue is when we're at home against packed defences. I think he'll fancy him with a bit of space and pressing high.

I think he'll go:

Ederson
Cancelo
Dias
Stones
Zinchenko
Rodri
Gundo
De Bruyne
Mahrez
Foden
Jesus

A real shocker could be Raz in for Mahrez.
Torres over Raz - he has more goals in him.

I agree with all of your points except one: I don't think he will leave Walker out for this game because of his recovery pace and ability to break up fast breaks. I think it leaves him with a left back conundrum: Cancelo on his wrong side and not playing well v Zinchenko. I think Cancelo just shades it for him.
Possibly. For me Zinny has to play, we're pissing Cancelo about too much and it's affecting him. Playing Zin also allows us to play Stones as we would have at least one left footer in the backline. But if Zin plays and Walker plays that's a bit defensive for me so I'd prefer Cancelo back in his preferred position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.