Borussia Dortmund Vs City (CL) Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Tonight v Dortmund

sam-caddick said:
Didsbury Dave said:
marca_uk said:
We should give the young 'uns a chance!

Basically, tell them that if they get us into the Europa League, we will field a young team in it for the remainder of the competition! Give them valuable European experience, whilst showing the senior team that they play in Champions League or no European Competition at all!!

I am totally and utterly assuming we won't play anyone tonight who will play on Sunday.

I'd be annoyed if we did.

I will be fuming, especially if some get injured.

Risking United going six points in front, ending our unbeaten home record and unbeaten record in general this season for the sake of getting the reserves and kids some extra games in Euope next season!

We have to just face we have been embarrassing in Europe this season and try again next year.

Ajax will beat Madrid tonight anyway in my opinion, Real are through a d cannot make the top seed position anyway, they will field a reserve team.

I suppose we have some limitations by the fact we had to name a European squad, or we'd be playing the league cup squad. I still I assume we can get an 11 together and protect all of our first team squad. Any idea who's travelled?

Didsbury Dave said:
marca_uk said:
We should give the young 'uns a chance!

Basically, tell them that if they get us into the Europa League, we will field a young team in it for the remainder of the competition! Give them valuable European experience, whilst showing the senior team that they play in Champions League or no European Competition at all!!

I am totally and utterly assuming we won't play anyone tonight who will play on Sunday.

for once I agree with you

Didsbury Dave said:
sam-caddick said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Risking United going six points in front, ending our unbeaten home record and unbeaten record in general this season for the sake of getting the reserves and kids some extra games in Euope next season!

We have to just face we have been embarrassing in Europe this season and try again next year.

Ajax will beat Madrid tonight anyway in my opinion, Real are through a d cannot make the top seed position anyway, they will field a reserve team.

I suppose we have some limitations by the fact we had to name a European squad, or we'd be playing the league cup squad. I still I assume we can get an 11 together and protect all of our first team squad. Any idea who's travelled?

Who would you play at centre back? One of Kompany or Nasty will have to play.

There's also injuries, we are down to the bare bones at full back, we've no choice really but to play Maicon and Zaba.

As for the young 'uns. They played Wolves last night.

Rolee said:
Didsbury Dave said:
sam-caddick said:

There's also injuries, we are down to the bare bones at full back, we've no choice really but to play Maicon and Zaba.

the young uns aren't eligible as you have a 25 man European squad.

Simple, I'd look at all available and try to pick an 11 which doesn't involve any who I want to start on Sunday. Which is why I'm asking who's travelled.

I thought with the '25 man squad', we could use players aged under 21 in addition to the 25 selected players?

<a class="postlink" href="http://shadygiz.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/free-live-stream-dortmund-v-manchester.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://shadygiz.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/ ... ester.html</a>

Didsbury Dave said:
Rolee said:
Didsbury Dave said:

the young uns aren't eligible as you have a 25 man European squad.

Simple, I'd look at all available and try to pick an 11 which doesn't involve any who I want to start on Sunday. Which is why I'm asking who's travelled.

Any under21s are eligible to play if they've been at the club for over two years. They don't have to be named in the 25.

Think about the logistics of what you are saying. We are down to the bare bones because of injury, suspension and ineligibility. We have to play players tonight that will play in the derby.

marca_uk said:
I thought with the '25 man squad', we could use players aged under 21 in addition to the 25 selected players?

We can as long as they've been with the club for 3 years, im thinking it wont be a first xi tonight but some WILL play.

The club posted some pictures on facebook of the squad limbering up adn in the pictures were Lescott, Nasty, Hart, Tevez, Aguero, Balotelli, Dzeko and Zaba.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.