Borussia Mönchengladbach travel thread

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Alex-MCFC, 27 Aug 2015.

1. pissedagain

pissedagain

don't worry about the train that will be fine, more of a scramble for the bus after the game to get you to the train station, the germans normally queue ok, but pissed up blues, I can see the scramble now

2. Scaring Europe to Death

Scaring Europe to Death

I was thinking the same thing.
    I've been to Borussia Park, and I just can't think of an English equivalent. If anything it's more like an out-of-town US baseball stadium.
    The ride itself takes around 20 minutes, but I don't recall queuing for a ridiculous amount of time.

3. cinnamon blue

cinnamon blue

still no news on ticket allocation and criteria ?????

4. poloblue

poloblue

Nothing on the website yet! Has anybody asked the ticket office about it?

5. cptaidan88

cptaidan88

I went last year for their game at home against FC Zürich in the Europa League and buses came to the area outside the ground caged off for away fans to take them back to the station. There were plenty of buses so it shouldn't be a problem.

They held back trains to both Düsseldorf and Cologne so supporters weren't waiting around the station for too long as well.

I think Zürich supporters carry a bit more of a reputation than us (there was a heavy police presence at the station) but I'd suspect they would do that for us.

I'd just reiterate what others have said to allow plenty of time to get to the ground. It's 20 mins on the bus. There won't be any alcohol available near the ground (apart from the occasional random street seller) so buy some at the station to take with you

[​IMG]

We will be sat/stood just to the right of this picture but the view will be fairly similar

6. Mad Eyed Screamer

Mad Eyed Screamer

*Goes to check out flights from Tampa to Dussledorf*

7. shed88us

shed88us

Still nothing on site regarding tickets. Not like the game is 3 weeks away or anything!

8. Louis0410

Louis0410

How many of you going? Decided where to stay?

9. Mcfc_nathan_

Mcfc_nathan_

4 and no idea

10. Louis0410

Louis0410

From what i understand Dusseldorf is supposed to be a pretty awesome place for atmosphere and seems like loads of blues staying there....