Boss reacts to uefa cup result

skinhead123

Mark Hughes was satisfied with City's top place in UEFA Cup Group A, despite Thursday night's defeat to Real Racing Club in Santander on Thursday night.
The Blues lost 3-1 in northern Spain, but PSG's 4-0 win over Twente saw City top the group and the Spanish team go out on goal difference.

Speaking afterwards, Mark Hughes said: "The positive is that we finished top of the group, which was the order of the day. Ideally we would have done that by our own efforts, but as it is we lost and topped the table a little bit by default.

"It's the first time we have lost away in Europe, there was more motivation for the opposition - they had to win the game, we had already qualified and that can take a little bit of the edge away from it. I think we saw that at times, especially in the first half."

There were several changes to the starting XI from last Saturday's game, and of his changes the Manager added:

"We had something like eight internationals out there, but I had reasons for changing the side. We have to protect the likes of Stevie Ireland, Shaun and Vincent Kompany because they have flown the flag for us all season. It was important to allow them a bit of respite.

"Some other players got some important game time with the Christmas games coming up, Gelson played for the first time in a while and Felipe had an impact. But, we would have preferred a performance we were comfortable with. The main aim of the evening was to top the group, which we did."

im sorry but MH is not the man for our club its a feeling of always after the horse as bolted,gutted about robby being injured,i hope we
hammer the baggies

Robinho was not able to continue so he is a big doubt for the weekend. It it his ankle again.

“We are staying here overnight so we will check everyone in the morning.

“He has made a great impression on everyone in Manchester, scoring eight goals in the Premier League. We are delighted with his impact.

“In the last three games he has been struggling with an injury and that was a concern to him tonight. We are pleased with what he has produced. ”

mh,s reaction in the men.

once again a feeling that the horse as bolted .why not let robby recover poor selection by mh
roll on sunday

I dont see any ind of apology in either of them two extracts from MH to the fans?????

There must be one.....i'll have another read.

i think last nights game and our league position was not a good avert for top class players to be considering a move to our club i know money talks but im worried about who we can realisticly get in january and mh is not inspiring anyone at the moment

If he has any self respect, Hughes should admit that he is out of his depth at City and should move on to a more suitable post like Sunderland before that opportunity disappears. What we urgently need is a man manager who can not only communicate with but also motivate our star players as well as our youngsters. I have said it before but we need an international manager with experience at Champions League level...Big Frank would do nicely.

I really can't see the point of calling for Hughes to be sacked at this stage of the season. But that aside, the decision to play Robinho last night if he was carrying an injury was absolutely fucking stupid. No other way of describing it.

IMHO Hughes' is out of his depth and his problem is that the squad give him too many options and he can't figure out how to line them up with any sort of consistency, at Blackburn he had a couple of key players and figured out how they should play to the best effect. I simply don't see anything that makes me think he has what it takes to take us to that next level.

mammutly said:
I really can't see the point of calling for Hughes to be sacked at this stage of the season. But that aside, the decision to play Robinho last night if he was carrying an injury was absolutely fucking stupid. No other way of describing it.

Petrov revisited.

I don't like the way he refuses to ever come out and just say 'sorry guys, we were shit. That performance was unacceptable and it won't happen again.'

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.