Boss reacts to uefa cup result

masterwig said:
I don't like the way he refuses to ever come out and just say 'sorry guys, we were shit. That performance was unacceptable and it won't happen again.'

Yeah that bothers me some as well. At least a nod in that direction would suffice. This silver lining stuff is getting ridiculous.

masterwig said:
I don't like the way he refuses to ever come out and just say 'sorry guys, we were shit. That performance was unacceptable and it won't happen again.'

Exactly right does he actaully believe what he comes out and says or is it just for the media. I can't believe his comments about our aim from last night was to top the group, ffs we were top before the game started if that was his sole aim why didnt we just field the youth team and pray that Twente lost?

masterwig said:

Beacuse it will happen again, and again, and again.

Sorry, but that interview was crap. Talk about the winning mentality thing again. All we wanted to do was top the group, who cares about the result!!!! F**k that MH. That's poor. Perhaps Santander did need to win the game, but we were poor, very poor and looked disinterested, as did MH sitting in the dugout.

What I didnt understand was the substitutions. Ok take off Robinho but, why bring Ireland and Kompany on? They need a rest. Pointless substitutions in the situation.

Didi said, "Obviously we are very disappointed, because we came here to win the game and it was disappointing to lose. But then again, we have won the group, which is what we wanted from the start.

"We were not aware of how the other game was going, it didn't make a difference at all but I was sensing near the end that they needed one or two more goals to go through. They had needed to win from the start, they played at a high tempo and we were caught out by a quick free kick, which really should not happen.

"We steadied the ship after their first few chances and tried to get on the attack ourselves, but we got caught out at the free kick and it went downhill from there.

"The hungrier and better side on the night won. We were not in a position during the game to think about the next one on Sunday, we just have to take each one as it comes but conceding that goal at the free kick did not help."

City will travel to the Hawthorns on Sunday with a question mark hanging over the fitness of Robinho, who was substituted at half time after more problems with his injured ankle. Hamann knows that with progress in Europe assured, City can now concentrate on improving their league position.

"We won the group, which is what we aimed to do and we scored near the end as well - I thought Felipe did ever so well when he came on. We know this competition is over for the next few weeks, we have reached our target in Europe and we have to make sure that we reach our Premier League targets as well over the next few games. Sunday's a big game and we have to start picking up points," he adds.

a more honest interview by haman than mh,s

Has anyone else considered that the likes of Robinho, Elano and Jo may be deliberately trying to get Hughes sacked? It would certainly explain their recent behaviour. Maybe they have somebody else in mind as their future boss?

Well he shouldn't of played Robinho but sacking him at this stage with no replacement isn't the answer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.