Bought A Bicycle - Tips And Advice, Please...

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
Good thing about the commute to work, about 80% of it is on a designated cycle lane that is disconnected from the roads and runs alongside it rather than being part of the road.

Good thing about the commute to work, about 80% of it is on a designated cycle lane that is disconnected from the roads and runs alongside it rather than being part of the road.
Trouble is they don't clean some of those designated lanes and they are full of debris. Or parked cars.....or cunts walking home from the match in the cycle lanes.

Cunts

Trouble is they don't clean some of those designated lanes and they are full of debris. Or parked cars.....or cunts walking home from the match in the cycle lanes.

Cunts
Good point. More punctures occur in those lanes I take it?

I know someone joked about a bell, but is that a good thing to have?
A bell is essential to warn others of your presence, especially if you ride on the canal... I used to be a road cyclist and it's important to ride in a straight line within a metre of the kerb. Too many cyclists weave in and out to avoid potholes on the road. Also worth turning your head when going around parked cars to avoid being hit. It's all about being seen and riding safely, so hi-vis clothing a decent helmet and lights are a must. I think being a cyclist and ex motorcycle rider has made me a more considerate and conscientious car driver towards bike riders.

Riding on busy roads these days is not for the faint hearted however proficient the cyclist is, and I think having bike insurance is something I'd have if I was a regular road rider.

I have a bike but the frame is too small for my height. I'm looking to buy a second hand hybrid with a 21-22" frame. If anyone is selling one in good nick for a fair price PM me.

Cheers fella, I’ll take that all on board.

I remember doing the Cycling Proficiency test when I was in Primary School so remember the hand signals.

I still have my original certificate from 1966 stored in our memory box and ever so proud of the achievement. I was going to take it out and frame it but the wife said that would be narcissistic in the extreme.

Expect the unexpected, yes that car hasn't seen you and will pull out in front of you..eyes and ears eveywhere

A bell is essential to warn others of your presence, especially if you ride on the canal... I used to be a road cyclist and it's important to ride in a straight line within a metre of the kerb. Too many cyclists weave in and out to avoid potholes on the road. Also worth turning your head when going around parked cars to avoid being hit. It's all about being seen and riding safely, so hi-vis clothing a decent helmet and lights are a must. I think being a cyclist and ex motorcycle rider has made me a more considerate and conscientious car driver towards bike riders.

Riding on busy roads these days is not for the faint hearted however proficient the cyclist is, and I think having bike insurance is something I'd have if I was a regular road rider.

I have a bike but the frame is too small for my height. I'm looking to buy a second hand hybrid with a 21-22" frame. If anyone is selling one in good nick for a fair price PM me.
Thank you.

Look like I’ll be spending some money on everything for the aim of saving money on petroleum haha

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.