Bournemouth (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

Not even close to the same game, we should've been 6 up against Forest before they scored with their first shot, this was a slightly better version of the Villa game earlier in the season with a better outcome.
Should have beaten them by a couple more goals especially in the first half. Although it wasn't an improving of the goal difference type of performance

Tough match but a great three points. Two clean sheets on the bounce now, just need to keep that resolve and were in for another season going fully to the wire which is all you can ask for.

I thought the ref did alright. If anything, he was a little bias towards us.

I'm still annoyed about the Chelsea game at home. 3 VAR checks, keeper booked for time wasting, they used 5 substitutions, and they gave 4 minutes after we had scored and were looking likely to again.

We are nowhere near title winning form currently. This is the time when we usually get into top gear for the run in but we are far from our best.

Big improvement needed.
Our last nine PL games; W8 D1. 25 points out of a possible 27. Stretched out over a season, that would be 105 pts. I presume you meant "performances", and not form.

Lucky to get the three points tonight and more broadly we’re lucky to be only one point off the top as we are not playing well at all.

We look two or three levels away from our best and for me there are big questions hanging over the team with regard to the balance in midfield and around two or three key positions, particularly on both the wings.

Big players who are underperforming will need to step it up and although we’re certainly capable of doing it, the sort of lethargic, complacent performance we got in the second half tonight has happened far too often to just shrug it off as a blip.

On the plus side we defended better - Akanji played well again - and Foden looked fantastic today, but we really need to improve significantly over the next couple of weeks.

I don't care a jot about the performance even if we did have to take some pain in that 2nd half. We shown fight and the willingness to keep going and we took all the points home. Bournemouth played very well and was hard to beat at their ground,

We just did enough tonight, But we will keep fighting and give it our all and if we keep winning then maybe things will start to become better and the performance will start to come

Good: three points and - me being an optimist - the sense of self delusion we are still in the title race
Bad: everything else

Addendum: We seem to have been for a long time Rodri away from a mini collapse and now we added Foden to that equation.
We are flat as a f..ck and Pep doesn't help by waterboarding the team into this stupid formation and tactics. You are losing control, bring Doku on.
And please don't attack me, these are just my thoughts as a participant on this board. I'll shit at the end of the season when we lift the trophy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.