Bournemouth (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

In the 86th minute Bernardo intentionally fouled a Bournemouth player and took his yellow. He knew a dangerous counter attack was brewing and it may be one of the last opportunities for them to score. A savvy veteran move by him.
Something Doku could learn from. Still taking players on in the 94th min!
Not the prettiest win. But we actually defended well as a unit and kept concentration for the whole 90 minutes for once. Akanji & Ake were excellent. Foden man of the match again. Constant threat and scored the winner.
Funny how everyone sees it differently, I thought Ake and Akanji were both poor in the second half particularly,

Agree on Foden. Man of match.

Arsenal seem to be playing well at the moment.

The real test is when they really think they can win it. It’s at this time you have a few player shit the bed, they start thinking they are not good enough.

The real test is when they really think they can win it. It’s at this time you have a few player shit the bed, they start thinking they are not good enough.

They should be mentally stronger this season. The only plus is, as good as they've been and ourselves probably below par by our own high standards, they're still a point behind ourselves. They are playing at their peak now whereas we can hopefully go up two levels.

I think the learning is in the last season. They and Liverpool are flying currently. We just have to stick in there and see what happens.

As a City fan in the home end, (south stand) I was worried about celebrating if and when we scored. When Phil scored I jumped up but caught myself, fortunately in the top row of the south stand there was nobody behind me, so I caught myself and managed to quell my celebration enough that nobody noticed. A bit further on the Bournemouth dark arts started and I shouted “bastard” after Phil was scythed down in a promising situation. I got a few Bournemouth fans looking round from the row below and I just said “shit referee”. Happy to say I survived the experience. Bournemouth‘s Semenyo was interviewed in the press yesterday and said they planned to give havoc to City, and, to be fair, they did. But they are a bit like Brentford, dangerous on the counter and use dark arts and professional fouls to stop our natural flow. Have to say Haaland and KdB look a bit lacking in confidence, Phil and Stones were magnificent. Nunes on the left wing was interesting but his crosses were poor. Ake was classy by showing his appreciation at the end to the home fans, he is still regarded in Bournemouth as on, if not their best-ever player.

Reading the MOTM thread and every player has a mention of having a good game with the exception of Dias and Haaland
If almost every player played well, why could we not keep the ball in the second half?

I thought our defence was excellent along with Rodri, but something wasn't working with the rest of the midfield and Haaland

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.