Bournemouth (A) Post Match Thread

I'm not against having someone who is good in the air, but any striker we buy should be the complete package. I don't see why we'd buy someone who'd be willing to come in as a sub (also possibly taking a foreign slot) to get a goal towards ends of games. Equally it would be mad to play this Dzeko type from the start and have one of the best strikers in Aguero on the bench as well. Maybe in the future we might be look at someone who is good in the air, but like I said they better have the full package. They need to be good in their link up play, dropping deep to receive the ball when we get pressed. Also they must be willing to press. If they can't do all these things it would be a waste.

The central midfielder we bring in could be powerful in the air to give us an extra dimension. It doesn’t have to be a striker, who might not have the all round game to justify Pep’s selectio.

Do you think we can do more with the corner kicks?

We'd be better off I think taking every corner short. We had 14 in this game. The irony is that we are probably more dangerous from opposition corners where they have defenders out of position and we can play though them on the counter.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.