Bournemouth (H) - CC 3rd Round Post-match Thread

Good, solid display from the Blues.

It was great to see so many Academy graduates start the the game, and a starting XI that included five English players and five teenagers.

Some great performances, including Foden, Doyle and the two centre-backs, but my vote for MotM went to Kyle Walker, who led by example.

I was really looking forward to seeing Liam Delap, and he didn't disappoint. For a young lad, he worked his socks off and he took his goal brilliantly. He thoroughly deserved his chance and didn’t let himself down. He’s a big lad with a physical presence that Sergio and Gabriel don’t give us us.

Very glad with the youngsters performance, and was impressed with Garcia tonight .
Think Barca will increase their offer a little bit after this game.

Glad for Delap, Bellis & Doyle , all of them deserve to start the next cup game.
Were we.. watching the same match? Becuase I am absolutely stunned how anyone could have been impressed with that garcia performance. I thought he was our worst player by far

Were we.. watching the same match? Becuase I am absolutely stunned how anyone could have been impressed with that garcia performance. I thought he was our worst player by far
Perhaps reserve judgement until you are not stunned.

Once again Jon Moss tried his best to ruin the game with his incompetence.

You just know the players and managers in this country hate the thought of him reffing their matches

Morning all
Great win and into the next round.
Is Stefen the USA goalkeeper ?
Very impressed with Delap too, we have some outstanding youngsters in the squad.

You’re right there. People were saying to me he’ll rip it up in city’s team when we signed him. I was never sure he would have the predicted impact.

I think his limited willingness for pressing and tracking for the duration of a game, or any duration during a game, and the fact that his complete lack of willingness (not awareness) to pass to anyone in a better position than him, is the opposite of endearing to fans.

I feel another downside to Mahrez game is that him being in the team has reduced Aguero’s goal return since he’s come in, simply by not passing to the best finisher in the league, who’s worked his bollax off time and time again, to get into a position to receive the ball and score. Mahrez just refuses to pass. I mentioned Aguero cos he’s our all time, I want him to get as many as possible to try get Shearers record if he stays for another couple of seasons

Mahrez will score a few, and some will turn out to be important, but he doesn’t score enough for the amount of shots he takes, and half the time the shot is never even on. A lot of the important goals will come in games we should have and would have put to bed sooner had he not been a greedy shite.

his service is piss poor to non existent, and I think a lot of us are tired of looking at him shoot or cannon the ball into defenders to try play that stupid 1-2 with himself to try take another shot. Just pass the fucking ball, first time while it’s on. I struggle to think of anyone we’ve had in the squad In the last 25 years who’s as greedy as Mahrez. He slows our attack down every time too.

just to add to what you said, he has the tools to be, on his day, a quality individual player, but he’s a bad team player in my opinion. His belief exceeds his ability (not uncommon in a footballer) and his work rate and team ethic are way off. And all that billy big bollax stuff with him looking to take pens off the taker when he came into the team coincided with the start of the awful run we had of missing penalties. Players should be squabbling over who gets to take it.

He still doesn’t look part of our team for me. Dunno if it’s attitude/arrogance but he doesn’t look like he has a good rapport with his team mates, and f**k it, while I’m at it, I don’t like his haircut either... :P
FFS just say it like it is, why don’t you ?

Enjoyed watching some of the younger lads get a game, Doyle and Delap ready for more in my opinion. I thought Doyle had something to prove by taking change in the midfield, after looking a bit lost in his last senior appearance, and he did it fantastically.

Delap is a great finisher, strong with a turn of pace, he has a future in the game for sure. I hope he gets more opportunities now, if he bags another 2 or 3 from the bench while Aguero recovers then he's temporarily solved a multi million pound problem for us.

Foden and Walker really took charge tonight and that's commendable. Mendy gave us balance when he came on but, I don't know, I expected a bit more from a senior player but there again it wasn't the most intense match.

Although let's not get too hasty. That Bournemouth side didn't create much and we still managed to let one in, although I was sure it was offside at the time. Not managed to see a single angle that helps in that regard though. Don't think var was in use?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.