Bournemouth (H) - Sat 4th Nov, 15:00 | PL | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
thats better, lets hope the FA or PGMOL dont view this thread or they'll bump him up to 4 !
im surprised they havent just gone the whole hog and said its 5 for everyone else to be suspended but for a city player its 1

Entire weeks rest on the back of a thumping derby win, feel like we don't just need a win here but a very convincing win and performance to really kick us into gear ahead of some very tough fixtures. I expect a couple of changes as there's not enough of the squad in good form for us to get through those fixtures in good shape. Expect at least one from kovacic or nunes to come in, we need those to be reliable options. Doku to start and Ake to come in.

Ederson
Walker
Stones
Ake
Gvardiol
Rodri
Kovacic
Nunes
Doku
Grealish
Haaland

Im going for a home win then if we are playing with 12 ;-)
I instantly took it that the twelfth man was the guy with the whistle and this coming weekend he had perfect understanding of the LotG, particularly with regard to holding and tripping. I would like an amalgam of last season's games v The Arse 'n Madrid, with a fair sprinkling of our expertise they are currently watching at Carrington.

Entire weeks rest on the back of a thumping derby win, feel like we don't just need a win here but a very convincing win and performance to really kick us into gear ahead of some very tough fixtures. I expect a couple of changes as there's not enough of the squad in good form for us to get through those fixtures in good shape. Expect at least one from kovacic or nunes to come in, we need those to be reliable options. Doku to start and Ake to come in.

Ederson
Walker
Stones
Ake
Gvardiol
Rodri
Kovacic
Nunes
Doku
Grealish
Haaland
No way I'm taking out all 3 of Foden, Bernardo , and Alvarez...

No way I'm taking out all 3 of Foden, Bernardo , and Alvarez...
Why not? That lineup is more than good enough to be beating bournemouth at home. The new players will need to be relied upon this season, the squads too small to give them 12 months to settle barely featuring. After bournemouth tbis weekend and young boys midweek, we have chelsea away, Liverpool and spurs at home and villa away with Leipzig in-between which will hopefully be a dead rubber at that point. The likes of kovacic and nunes will be needed to get through that and need to be better than they currently are.

Why not? That lineup is more than good enough to be beating bournemouth at home. The new players will need to be relied upon this season, the squads too small to give them 12 months to settle barely featuring. After bournemouth tbis weekend and young boys midweek, we have chelsea away, Liverpool and spurs at home and villa away with Leipzig in-between which will hopefully be a dead rubber at that point. The likes of kovacic and nunes will be needed to get through that and need to be better than they currently are.
I agree with basically everything you are saying except I would use the Young Boys game to help in bedding those guys in. The line up we used at Old Toilet was arguably the best lineup we can put out, KDB not withstanding. I'd like to see that same squad get all 4 of those games you've noted while resting guys in the midweek games. After Chelsea there's another international break. I see no reason why we can't go all guns blazing v. the Dippers, Spurs, and Villa. Like you say the Leipzig game shouldn't matter all that much and it's at home. After those 3 "top 5" games we play Luton and Red Star Belgrade which will allow for more rotation and resting of players. JMO...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.