Bournemouth to sue Hawk-Eye tech (link in post)

Again, probably a clause in the contract about referee's making mistakes.

Oliver clearly indicated that the watch hadn't gone ping, so it wasn't his call. I think that's quite reasonable.

Hawkeye issued a statement saying they'd never seen all the cameras blocked before.
That VAR didn't overrule Hawkeye is the flaw.

Oliver clearly indicated that the watch hadn't gone ping, so it wasn't his call. I think that's quite reasonable.

Hawkeye issued a statement saying they'd never seen all the cameras blocked before.
That VAR didn't overrule Hawkeye is the flaw.
Their mandate is to not simply allow VAR to make their decisions, they're not allowed to play things out and hope VAR makes a call for them.

So by the same token the linesman didn't do his job. The technology is not infallible, be it VAR or goal line technology, they know that.

That's one of the biggest disadvantages to introducing all this technology. It doesn't improve the standard of officiating, it's just another safety net that allows them to get too comfy.

Their mandate is to not simply allow VAR to make their decisions, they're not allowed to play things out and hope VAR makes a call for them.

So by the same token the linesman didn't do his job. The technology is not infallible, be it VAR or goal line technology, they know that.

That's one of the biggest disadvantages to introducing all this technology. It doesn't improve the standard of officiating, it's just another safety net that allows them to get too comfy.
No, it's just another opportunity to cheat which takes the heat off the on field officials.

I hope they go for it and win.

They will no doubt receive the best advice and counselling about the prospects of winning.

Aside from Villa fans and the two sides in red I think the majority of neutral (in this instance), honest and genuine football supporters would be behind them.

At the end of the day whilst a systematic error was in part responsible for this situation there was the technology and equipment available to correct it. As the mistake was so blatant there is very little defence.

If love this too get to court, then Hawkeye say their equipment worked perfectly, but was switched off, or overruled by an official.

All of which just exonerates Oliver more.
He has a linesman and Hawkeye and VAR - all should have had better views.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.